Are there any Brisbane mum? I really need your helps with choosing the private hospital for baby delivery. I am struggling with making the decision among below hospitals/OBs. So please help me, I would love to hear what you say, any bad or good experience at below hospitals. thx thx thx,love love love
I am currently renting a house in Chapel Hill. So below hospital are on my list:
- Close to my house. Only 15mins drive without traffic( 20mins, up to 30mins if traffic jam at moggil road and coronation drive)
· OB recommended –Ross Turner or Nikki Whelan?
- Wesley does not have Neonatal Critical Care Unit. Baby will need to be transferred to RWHP.
- Maybe need to share bathroom as there are few rooms with en-suite? DH said: you are going to deliver the baby not on holiday , so it really doesn’t matter if there is a private bathroom or not. But to be honest,I still want my privacy and don’t wanna share the toilet …..
Mater Mother Private
· Cons- 30mins drive from home without traffic. Worried about city jam during rush hour
- Excellent feedback from a lot of friends. Good reputation
- It does have NCCU and well equipped maternity facility
· OB recommended---Jo Cheung?—heard both good and bad experience from her.
- New maternity ward built in 2013. Modern Hotel –style and private bathroom. Also heard the food menu is awesome but this is not that important.
- I have a preferred OB here-Dr Heng Tang—highly recommended by my friends and colleagues.
- Also take 30mins drive there but will be all highway.
- Delivery prior to 32 weeks has to go to Mater.
- They don’t have NCCU neither.
After listing all above dot points, it's more difficult for me to make decision now.... I don't know how often do I need to go to the hospital during the pregnancy, twice a month? Do you think 30 mins drive is a reasonable distance, in case if there is any emergency? Also, I am a little confused about the transfer for premmie baby, let's say if I have decided to go to Greenslope,at week 30, i found out I may go early, do I go to Greenslope first and then transfer to Mater or I can go straight to Mater myself? really confused how this is gonna work.
Sorry for posting so many questions, as a newbie here ans also a new mum to be ....feel so nervous and helpless .....
Once again, thanks everyone!