Spitting up | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default Spitting up

First of all...

Yayyy!!!! I get to post in the breast feeding section!

Ok. DD2 is 5 days old and my milk came in yesterday. She has been spitting up after every feed. Sometimes she won't burp and sometimes she's already had a big burp and spits up anyway. It doesn't seem to upset her.

Is this normal for when your milk comes in? Hoping we dodged reflux this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. For me and my non reflux babies it is normal.

Especially when milk comes in babies can be a little 'greedy' until they learn to regulate. Sometimes they threw up heaps - sometimes just a tad - even an hour after burps.

If it is not upsetting then it should be fine. Although as always if you are worried then ask away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My midwife just did a home visit and DD2 did a spit up in front of her. She said it was a good colour a nice and thick. She said that basically her eyes are bigger than her belly.

Feeding right now and she spat up and then wanted more milk lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    My midwife just did a home visit and DD2 did a spit up in front of her. She said it was a good colour a nice and thick. She said that basically her eyes are bigger than her belly.

Feeding right now and she spat up and then wanted more milk lol.
    Hahahaha... little greedy guts! Also their belly hurts which is why they keep eating (cause eating fixes all hahaha). Good to hear its all going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah if she's a "happy spitter" than all is most likely fine. My second was like that, everything came up at the end but she was just so cute and happy the whole time. No crying fits etc. You've gotta learn to have a cloth handy at all times I remember feeling like there was no point in putting a clean shirt on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Lol yep... I've put a towel down over her lamb swing! I have two cloths in reach..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS was like that - a happy chucker - it didn't bother him so I never bothered about it - just used 10,000 bibs over the first six months!

Good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my kids were big spewers. With both of them it slowed at around 6 months, and had MOSTLY stopped by 12 months. Fingers crossed it eases a little earlier for you :P

Congrats on your bub and the beginning of your breastfeeding journey!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Doesn't really bother me unless it turns into reflux.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's all normal Little bird is just a bit greedy that's all. She'll settle down when she gets used to it coming out and your boobs will settle in a couple of weeks aswell. If she isn't burping have you sat her on your lap with your hand supporting her chin and rubs on her back that way. The old fashioned way from when I was a kid

Also read about LB cord being a bit yuck keep her nappy off for say 5 mins in the sun to get some vitamin d onto it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (25-08-2016)