+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time FET

Hi there was wondering if anyone could shed some light on their FET experience?

ie: Did you do a natural ovulation cycle? Or medicated? What was your reason for one or the other? What's involved in a medicated cycle? Pros/cons to each?

What worked/what didn't if you have had more than one?

Did you do day 3/5 transfer?

Any supplements you were on in the lead up to your FET?

We have frozen embryos from a previous cycle but haven't used them yet due to family circumstances.

Any advice would be a huge bonus going into this with no idea what to expect.
    Last edited by munchkin14; 23-08-2016 at 21:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had a natural (no drugs) and no supplements other than multivitamin with folate - FET with a 5day hatching blast. Thawed with 0 cell loss, resulted in a bfp and live birth. I was 34 at the time of transfer. Our fertility issues were unexplained. I was boderline pcos (AMH 38 from memory). Choice for natural was guided by estrogen/progesterone levels and reason for infertility in the first place. Was certainly easier than a stim cycle! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm doing a low dose stim for my FET, I'm about to start so will report back in a few weeks.

I'm on 50iu if Gonal F & will have blood test & ultrasound day 9, trigger using ovidrel & then some shots of ovidrel after 5 day transfer plus progesterone support... Other than that I'm learning as I go!

My understanding low dose is easy to pinpoint dates, but is less contact (fewer BT's & ultrasounds) where as full medicated can be really long as you start on birth control pills for a while before starting. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway will report back in a few weeks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time FET

I'm interested in following your thread we are going to see our FS on the 2/9 to discuss our FET hopefully for October. Our little girl from our first full IVF stim cycle was born sleeping for unknown reasons on the 18/6. Hubby and I have decided to try again. No one will replace Charlotte but our family isn't complete.

When are you looking at doing your FET?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

rainbowbabyat33  (15-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Maybebaby I am so sorry to hear about Charlotte, i cannot imagine what you must have gone through. I hope that this oct FET is your turn to bring a baby home.

FS wants to try a natural cycle but being a PCOS girl I am unsure, so I though I would suss out what others were doing

AmyEL I feel like a low dose stim would be ideal for me to. Will be very interested to see how you go. Good luck! When did you start the gonal ?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin14 For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MaybeBabyIVF so sorry for your loss, big amounts of baby dust to you, I hope you get your rainbow baby very soon X
    @munchkin14 i have PCOS aswell, although I have regular cycles... I was supposed to start Gonal F last Friday but I'm waiting for CD1 (been spotting since Monday!) so hopefully I'll start any day now... I'll find the info I read on low dose cycle from my clinic & send it thru to you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin14 View Post
    Oh Maybebaby I am so sorry to hear about Charlotte, i cannot imagine what you must have gone through. I hope that this oct FET is your turn to bring a baby home.

FS wants to try a natural cycle but being a PCOS girl I am unsure, so I though I would suss out what others were doing

AmyEL I feel like a low dose stim would be ideal for me to. Will be very interested to see how you go. Good luck! When did you start the gonal ?
    I'm a PCOS girl too and FS made mention of a natural cycle too (with progesterone support) as they fall between 26-29 days. I too will be talking pros and cons of a low stim cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    @MaybeBabyIVF so sorry for your loss, big amounts of baby dust to you, I hope you get your rainbow baby very soon X
    @munchkin14 i have PCOS aswell, although I have regular cycles... I was supposed to start Gonal F last Friday but I'm waiting for CD1 (been spotting since Monday!) so hopefully I'll start any day now... I'll find the info I read on low dose cycle from my clinic & send it thru to you
    Thanks Hun. Fingers crossed AF shows up properly for you soon.

AFM I decided I'll temp & OPK this month & next so I can see what I'm doing naturally & decide if I wanna do a low stim I can show them if I've o'd or not. Who knows a miracle may happen in the mean time but won't count my chickens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone going on here? Any updates??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin14 View Post
    How's everyone going on here? Any updates??
    Well I'm now on my last cycle before FET next cycle. Currently CD3 with the witch in house.

Can't believe it's been 3 months already kinda sad it's been that long but relieved we will be trying again soon.

We see our fertility clinic tomorrow to look over cycle plan etc.

How are you? What's the action plan for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just waiting for AF to show up (currently CD 42) being PCOS my cycles are 30-45days with no rhyme nor reason as to why one month is a perfect 30 and the next a long 45! I'm assuming AF will come by the weekend then in my next cycle I'm going to be doing home OPKs so that once I've ovulated I book in for the endometrial biopsy (scratch) a week after O/week before AF then the month after that I'll do a low dose stim cycle so we can then do an FET as they'll be able to monitor me with BTs & scans rather than replying on my unpredictable cycle! But it's edging toward Nov/Dec for the FET so if it fails I probably won't be able to try again until Feb oh well it is what it is I suppose!

Exciting that you'll be talking through your plan tomorrow, please let me know how u go!

How are u feeling about everything???

14. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin14 For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (13-09-2016)