+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5.5 weeks pregnant and nauseous all day - how do you work?

So - it's early days on 5.5 weeks pregnant but my goodness these last two days I have seriously struggled with intense nausea. I am a teacher so I can't leave the class room to splash water on my face or get fresh air (particularly as I haven't told anyone yet). How do you get through this time? I feel so rotten and can literally only stomach carbs.. any kind of starch. Everything else makes me feel like vomiting. Tips/Tricks? I can't see myself getting through this without improvement, also worried my bub isn't getting enough veggies.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest keep as busy as possible and just eat whatever works for you. As a teacher my pregnancy with number 2 had a couple of running to the toilet moments and one incident of gaging in the garden outside my classroom after a student threw up the whole way through my classroom. Just find what you need to do to survive and do that. I found drinking plain mineral water helped as I could stomach water and snacking on pretzels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been hiding ginger ale in a black water bottle (that way no one can ask what I'm drinking). That helps! Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Eat eat eat. Don't let yourself get hungry; that's when I feel the most sick. Take a multivitamin (I can stomach it better at night) and your short term lack of nutritious food won't be an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I second eating constantly.
    My Ob said that carbs are good for nausea. So if you feel like carbs, eat them. You can worry about improving your diet, once ms wears off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ginger biscuits and mineral water always work well. Keep having small meals but more frequently!