+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Seat belt buckle with 3 car seats

I have 3 car seats across the back (Volvo XC60 so very tight). DD1 has pretty much outgrown her evolve and I'm looking at going to a booster seat. How do those with 3 car seats in the back have them reach the buckle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an xc90 (not sure if they are wider). And will have 3 across shortly. I have my eldest in a maxi guard so he can stay harnessed so I don't have to worry about the buckle issue as he will be the middle.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sproutx3 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought buckle extenders

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shebes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is about to turn 5 but is very large (over 35kg) and tall. I have a couple of cms left in the evolve straps but she can loosen it herself and often does even though she knows she's not meant too. So I think she would now be safer in a big girls seat belt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shebes View Post
    I bought buckle extenders
    I'm thinking about it. I've heard they aren't safe as they distribute the weight differently in a crash. But that is still safer than no car seat at all... Or a seat belt not done up correctly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 5yo is in a slimline safety 1st custodian plus. She still uses the harness,because of the issue of the seat belt buckle.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our solution was a 7 seater car ;-)

Sometimes we do need to put all 3 in the middle row though and it just means we have to help with the belts as they can't reach themselves. Basically pull the seat out a bit towards the car door, buckle up and then push the seat back in and make sure the slack in the belt is taken up.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    My daughter is about to turn 5 but is very large (over 35kg) and tall. I have a couple of cms left in the evolve straps but she can loosen it herself and often does even though she knows she's not meant too. So I think she would now be safer in a big girls seat belt.
    My DD turns 5 in October and is tall (112cm), 95th percentile for height, but only weighs about 22kg (90th percentile according to the WHO chart)...I've already put her in a booster, as her shoulders are above the markers in her old convertible seat. I would've thought that your DD should be well and truly in the adult seatbelt at over 35kgs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    My DD turns 5 in October and is tall (112cm), 95th percentile for height, but only weighs about 22kg (90th percentile according to the WHO chart)...I've already put her in a booster, as her shoulders are above the markers in her old convertible seat. I would've thought that your DD should be well and truly in the adult seatbelt at over 35kgs?
    A few months ago she was 123cm. I was lucky they bought out the type G car seats just as she reached the limits on the old ones. She is miles above the highest lines on both height and weight charts, always has been.

I can't afford a new 7 seater car, though I would love one. I will try and pull the car seat out a bit as suggested. Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Seat belt extenders is what we used when we had 3 carseats across the back and one was a booster.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post: