Help with 5 yr old tantrums and behaviours | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Thanks. We have pure unsalted butter (the aldi one) but bread, wraps, crackers etc im not sure about... probably they have additives, and he loves those foods.

I had looked into the Fed Up website before and was all geared up to try it. Because it certainly can't do any harm! But DH blocked it, and was all negative because he doesn't think that's it and doesn't want to lose out on foods he likes really. But might have to reconsider I think.

Basically I'll try anything to see what might help him!
    Yeah I was pretty sceptical myself... But decided to give it a go just to rule it out. My exH and I could not believe the difference in his behaviour. I've eased up on it now by slowly including some foods again ... But whatever it is in the bread seems to really set him off. He was exhibiting the behaviour more at school though. Went from having time outs regularly to teachers now approaching me telling me how beautifully behaved he is. Not a single time out since the switch. Could all just be coincidence but I'm sticking with it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Yeah I was pretty sceptical myself... But decided to give it a go just to rule it out. My exH and I could not believe the difference in his behaviour. I've eased up on it now by slowly including some foods again ... But whatever it is in the bread seems to really set him off. He was exhibiting the behaviour more at school though. Went from having time outs regularly to teachers now approaching me telling me how beautifully behaved he is. Not a single time out since the switch. Could all just be coincidence but I'm sticking with it!
    That's great!

I've actually just booked him for allergy testing too, to rule anything out, as I mentioned in my OP he had that weird blood test result. Id just hate to miss anything that might be having an impact on him. Will see dietician after too re. A possible intolerances that wouldn't come out in allergy test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Theboys&me could you tell me more about this bread from Coles? What packaging should I be looking for - is it Coles brand?

My DS eats a lot of toast, so it's something I should really be more concerned with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    @Theboys&me could you tell me more about this bread from Coles? What packaging should I be looking for - is it Coles brand?

My DS eats a lot of toast, so it's something I should really be more concerned with.
    Yeah sure. I got into it through the fed up website. It's just the $1.90 Coles branded bread. It has a label indicating it's the additive and preservative free one too. It's not the tastiest bread... But my boys eat it and it's nice even for me for toast. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1471919411.788786.jpg

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (23-08-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (23-08-2016)