+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default freaking out

I am pregnant for the third time this year (1x ectopic - lost left tube and 1 x miscarriage) I am four weeks - found out at three. I have done three tests since last week lol to see the line get darker as the first one was barley visable . i have also beforehand had a loss at 10 weeks but did have a baby after this one - she is 2.5 now and had two children earlier who are 9 and 7
    anyway because of my losses I am having a hard time staying calm lol. My symptons come and go and I am having pains in my tummy, I hope its just stressing but I keep going worst case scenario and cant seem to stop. Has anyone been through this how do you get through it? i just keep telling myself to just go day by day. My husband has said he cant go through another loss so I think this is our last chance lol. I have a dr appt tommorrow and I am hoping he will be nice enough to monitor my HCG levels until I have an ultrasound and see whats happening. I just feel like I wont be able to relax as hard as I am trying and looking for some advice I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going through similar right now...

Does your doctor know about your previous ectopic? You should be closely monitored as you're in a higher risk category now unfortunately. If they don't offer to track hcg or scan early you do need to insist on it.

I don't have any suggestions regarding the stress sorry...Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tootsiegirl For This Useful Post:

Missyswannie1  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes they know, i couldnt get in until tommorrow . I figured they cant do much but monitor HCG UNTIL a scan can be done. I have so much happening right now and coming up lol its hard to be calllllmmm I hope that yours is all good,

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any experience to what your going through but I suffer anxiety and when I was pregnant I saw a perinatal psychologist who got me to download the app 'mind the bump' which has guided relaxation techniques that could help get you calm, it helped me, it's a free app I think so if it doesn't help no harm done.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tdez For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your pregnancy. I totally get the stress, after 5 losses I was beside myself with worry when I got pregnant again. Whilst nothing will make the anxiety disappear, i guess there are some things you can do which can help. Make sure that your doc monitors you closely and regularly. I found checking my hcg often in the early days helped. I didn't have extra scans because I was just too scared. And you over analyse every little twinge in your gut - pains that I wouldn't have even noticed before suddenly had me petrified. Truth is, you won't relax until you're holding your newborn. Although 'relax' probably isn't the correct word for the newborn phase. I saw a guy who did acupuncture and kinesiology on me weekly throughout my entire pregnancy and I believe it's what kept me from going completely cuckoo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Missyswannie1 have you ever tried meditation? The Headspace app has free guided meditations which you could try. Focusing on your breath is very calming. Hope it helps, I've had 2 miscarriages past 6 months & am pregnant again so understand how you feel. Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone will certainly try. yes I am having so many pains in my tummy that after my first two chidren i would of just fobbed off as growing pains but since everything else i am a paranoid nutjob lol. I will try those apps

Thanks
    Reviews
    The dr rang in sick and I couldn't get in to another one until Thursday. and I feel like I'm getting a UTI. This is why people go to emergency rooms with non emergency because it's too hard to get dr appointments

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @Missyswannie1 ! I'm finding the exact same thing!!! Don't tell me I have signs of an ectopic and then ask me to flipping wait until the ob can see me if you feel you need to, go to the emergency room. I'm counting down the 26 hours until my next appointment... If I don't get answers I'll scream

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so hard Good luck