How do you discipline a 3yo? | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How do you discipline a 3yo?

Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I agree with this, I can turn a blind eye to some things but she's never allowed to hurt anyone (hitting, kicking, etc.) or say mean things. I tell her "it's ok to be angry but it's never ok to hurt anyone. We don't hurt each other in this family" and that usually diffuses her. Obviously the message has to be consistent and couldn't be used if you smack.
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    With things like a disrespectful attitude (talking back to mum, telling DH to go away etc) I think it's very important to always acknowledge that it's the wrong thing to do (just picture your child being older and saying the same things. It always reminds me how important it is to lay these ground rules NOW).
    100% agree this is so important to me.
    Tantrums, whining, not using manners etc are all part of the parcel of a 3yo.

But we will not stand for being disrespected, being rude or nasty to others, or being rough with her sister.
    Trying desperately to nip that behaviour in the bud.

Thanks everyone for your input. 3 year olds can suck. Please tell me it gets better 😂

Will definitely be concentrating more on the positives!
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 22-08-2016 at 17:09.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gets a lot better, it's amazing how much my 3 year old has improved in the last two months. She's (mostly) a pleasure again. This too shall pass

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    DD is 4.5 and I'm still waiting! But I now realise it's actually part of her personality, she's extremely spirited and really feels every emotion, be it happy, sad, angry, disappointed.

We are trying to roll with it and my biggest challenge is keeping my calm.

So I have no solutions or answers as I'm clearly not in the position to offer advice but I can offer you a massive hug. Deep breaths!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My little daughter changed at 3 , she is nearing 4 now and is much better . She would be absolutely rude to my husband and say she hated him and tell him to go away , my sons never did this! I was so sad about it all because she was being really rude and angry all the time . She would actually wake up in the morning and start crying and screaming over nothing .

I've realised she has a food intolerance for one , she cannot eat strawberries , jam , sultanas , bananas - probably more things also - without going off her nut !! I also realised what she really wanted when she totally freaked out was a hug and time with me . I know it's hard and infuriating but I think it's a phase and will pass . Keep a food diary to if you can and you may see a pattern .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is great. Allowing a child to be a child. Your expectations are too high. If you can read this it will change your life for the better ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1472100465.154968.jpg

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (25-08-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (25-08-2016),Waggers70  (26-08-2016),Wise Enough  (25-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I needed to read this today, thank you. We are having a hard time with our almost 3 year old. The turd word has been used a lot in the last couple of weeks! Good luck and here's hoping it gets better soon!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxdreamer For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (25-08-2016)