+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep sure did up until I was in school then before and after school. Once I by high school I got a house key and was home alone till 5 ish. School holidays were spent at grandparents houses
    I put my kids in cc 2-3 days a week the year leading up to school then that was it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope my mum was a sahm. We all went to kindy the year we turned 4 for 2 5 hour days a week. Then pre school the next year (attached the the state primary school we then attended) for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week (there was a morning group and an afternoon group).

We never went to vacation care either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to preschool 2 days a week but not daycare. (Preschool was 9-3)
    My parents owned a local business and it had a lounge room etc out the back so we spent a lot if time there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No. My brother and I went to preschool though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sort of. I went to a kindy type place the year before I started Preschool. I HATED it, I still remember it. They gave us stew for lunch and I can still picture the brown plastic bowls and the feral peas floating in it.

Before that I went to work with Mum when I was little (she worked in a shop) and then she and a neighbour swapped child care duties. Mum worked a lot of night jobs while Dad was home with us, in hindsight they did a lot of juggling so were mostly home with us a lot, this continued right up to high school.

I've ended up the same. I do shift work so I can be home with the kids and use as little CC as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did your folks use cc

No
    We don't either
    Last edited by Kazza78; 21-08-2016 at 20:43.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did your folks use cc

I went to a day care mum and then kindy & preschool. I am the youngest of three, mum was. SAHM for 8 years and returned to work when I wasn't quite 2 as they needed the extra income

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents never used childcare. I am the 7th child out of 11 and my mum was a stay at home mum her whole life- all the way through to the youngest finishing high school.

She is not against the use of childcare in our modern world and understand the want/ need for women to go back to work or stay in the workforce/ earn income etc.

I in turn have 3 young children under 4 and am a stay at home mum- and we are hoping for more children and for me to be stay at home for as long as possible. I consider us very luck we can financial manage for me to be home and we love the routine/ balance we have between husband/ wife and our roles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. Mum worked night shift, dad worked day shift. They hardly saw each other thru the week. Mum went back to work when we were 2 months old.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

GingerKat  (21-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mum was a SAHM but put me in CC just for a few hours once a week so she could do the shopping and catch up on some housework etc. I absolutely hated it so much. I asked her about it awhile ago and was shocked to learn it was only for 4 hours a week, I could have sworn it was loads more. Then when we were in primary school she went back to work and we were required to go to after care twice a week. Once again I vehemently hated it. Clearly I was not a child that could cope with CC in any capacity