+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes all of my siblings and I were all in child care/ before and after school care. Mum never had any extended time off and her and dad worked incredibly hard to make ends meet. I hate to think about the cost of it all for 6 of us kids! I used to be so jealous of my friends whose mums would pick them up from school and have afternoon tea ready for them. But obviously every family is different and that's just how it worked for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No. Mum did kid swap with the neighbour who had a boy the same age as me when she only had 1 child. She then worked night shifts (nurse) for a long time so dad could look after us while she worked or slept. Dad or grandpa would take all 3 of us to work on the farm when she was sleeping after night shift. We spent a lot of time in the sheds and the ute. I don't think there was even daycare available in our town in the 80's though.
    I send DD to daycare so I can go to work 2 days a week and she loves it. Like a pp I don't love all the sickness though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mum was a SAHM until my parents split up. My brother and I went to after school care when l was in grade 6 and later years would often just go home to an empty house.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Pixie Dust  (20-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No mum was sahm for a little while. Then we had s nanny from the time I was 2 until school age. Mum was a teacher at the high school attached to our school. So we went to work with her. Towards end of primary I remember just walking home with my sister to an empty house.

We didn't do vacation care either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am one of 4 and none of us went to childcare or OOSH. We did go to a Montessori school for primary school, so we started school earlier than most.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, my mum was a SAHM. We went to after school care for 3 days once, 'cause she did 3 days work filling in for a friend. That was it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum was a stay at home mum for most of my life. She worked for short periods every now and then but was mostly home before and after school. There was short time when we were in daycare (my sister whose 14 months younger and myself) all i remember was I absolutely hated and cried all day until outdoor play when I was with my sister. It didn't last very long 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope never. Never even knew what it was till I was an adult. Just started using before and after school care 2 weeks ago. I fear I may regret it when my son is older that I'm not always there for him after school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum was a SAHM until we moved to a small town and my younger brother started kindy. Before that, we lived in a larger town (but had no family around) and my brother & I went to day care once a week for a little while, I think just so mum could get things done while the older kids were at school. I'm one of 5 kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Childcare in the 80's for me was going next door to play while my mum n dad both worked or staying at my aunts for a few days or my grandmas. All of this was school holidays only. After school I was with big brother and big sister