+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default FRER tests accurate progression?

I'm just wondering if FRER tests are accurate enough to show a clear progression in pregnancy or whether there is a point in which it won't work?
    I've been testing since last Saturday and the test line got darker and darker (I haven't tested everyday but just about). This weekend the results have been all over the place. Im just wondering if they continue Getting darker or if there's a point where I shouldn't be bothering testing. Has anybody been a crazy tester like me with any knowledge?

*I've been testing so much as I've had 2 miscarriages this year and a little spotting. I've been getting hcg done this week, but have to wait until Monday for Friday's results, hence the testing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've found mine get darker and darker until they can't get any darker. But they haven't gotten lighter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey hun, i understand the obsessiveness of it.
    There comes a point with FRER where they just dont register your hcg once it gets high enough. There is the hook effect where the colour gets sucked out of the control line. However please dont rely on FRER to guage your hcg levels, i had a massive freak out because i did on at around 6weeks and seemed much lighter than some of my earlier ones, lo and behold our scan showed our beautiful healthy bubba. How many weeks are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbles21 View Post
    I've found mine get darker and darker until they can't get any darker. But they haven't gotten lighter
    Thank you . I did a test yesterday and the control line was barely there. Then today I tested again and the control line was a bit darker. In saying that, the test line was about the same darkness.
    I sound like a crazy person lol. I should just have patience and wait until the results Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMummaButterfly View Post
    Hey hun, i understand the obsessiveness of it.
    There comes a point with FRER where they just dont register your hcg once it gets high enough. There is the hook effect where the colour gets sucked out of the control line. However please dont rely on FRER to guage your hcg levels, i had a massive freak out because i did on at around 6weeks and seemed much lighter than some of my earlier ones, lo and behold our scan showed our beautiful healthy bubba. How many weeks are you?
    Thank you . I don't know how far along I am . I am guessing about 5 weeks. I haven been ttc all year including the 2 mc and a chem last cycle. Decided to have this cycle off and fell pregnant after bd once lol. My bloods were ok last week. They were 473 mon then 995 wed. I had another test fri but have to wait until Monday for the results. I've had slight spotting so I was getting a little out of control testing lol. I tested yest and the test sucked the control line, but then today the control line is a bit darker.
    I know I'm only going to know true results Monday but I just thought I'd see if others had experienced anything lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I completely understand hun, when that innocence it taken away and you know all too well that things can so quickly go south. All i can recommend is lock the rest of your FRER's away, enjoy that you are still pregnant today and cherish each day that get further along.
    Your hcg are sounding great hun so that is great news. I know its easier said than done, but i am in a somewhat similar boat and as soon as i stop testing and questioning the darkness of lines, i immediately felt leas anxious.
    Goodluck hun, and i lf you ever need to chat, feel free to PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMummaButterfly View Post
    I completely understand hun, when that innocence it taken away and you know all too well that things can so quickly go south. All i can recommend is lock the rest of your FRER's away, enjoy that you are still pregnant today and cherish each day that get further along.
    Your hcg are sounding great hun so that is great news. I know its easier said than done, but i am in a somewhat similar boat and as soon as i stop testing and questioning the darkness of lines, i immediately felt leas anxious.
    Goodluck hun, and i lf you ever need to chat, feel free to PM me.
    Thank you thank you thank you! I feel a lot better already lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear it helps when other people have experienced the same thing and share our wisdom

Thanks
    Reviews
    It certainly does! I have no tests left so will just have to wait for Monday now!