+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant after Tubal ligation

Hi everyone I am new here I am 30 and have few beautiful little girls 9,7 and 6 after my youngest who was born in 2010 at 27 weeks I had my tubes tied. I haven't had my period in a month or so hadnt really thought much of it till I started feeling off breasts are sore and cramping took a HPT yesterday and got a positive!!! Am shocked I am divorced as of yesterday and was with someone else for 3 years who I am head over heels for but broke up a couple of weeks ago so as you can imagine I am confused scared and don't know what to do! How is this even possible! Any advice would be appreciated. Guessing I would
    Be around 6 weeks along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on your pregnancy, must have been a huge shock! I have 3 daughters exactly the same age as your 3 plus a 4 year old DD. Depending on which way your tubes were tied they could have either grown back or if done via clamps, the clamps could come off. How would your ex feel about the pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well he has told me many a times that he doesn't want any more kids he has a 9 year old daughter too who was like my own he has her full time and I adore her too he told me if I did ever get pregnant he would disappear never to be seen again so not sure how I am going to tell him as he needs to know! I am very good friends with his ex who is the father of his daughter she has just had baby in March she has been amazing! I don't know what to do I am terrified of raising 4 kids on my own it's not the way I had planned my life! I am just so confused all I have done is cry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. I have an 11 yo, 9 yo and an almost 6 month old and to be honest the age gap is a huge blessing. I'm sorry to hear about your ex's attitude but you can do it if you decide to keep the baby. My 9 year old is like a little mother hen, such an amazing help and always asks me if she can hold or feed Dd3. Dd1 is not so hands on but helps.

My dp wasn't keen on having kids as he felt he was too young and wasn't ready but soon came round and adores dd3. We were reassessing our relationship when I found out I was pregnant.

I think sometimes men forget it takes two to tango in most cases. Even though you had the tubal ligation, he has to accept some responsibility...just tell him, then you can figure out what you are going to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea your right just waiting on blood test results to confirm for sure but first response I know from past review don't have an Evap line and even though it's faint it's pink and it's there! I just wish my ex could see this as a good thing as he is an amazing dad to his daughter and no this wasn't planned it is no ones fault it has just happened for some reason I don't personally believe in abortion but I do not judge those who do it's a personal choice just worried about ectopic this really is mind blowing tubes tied and I only have one ovary and tube left as I lost one to a cyst in 2012! Maybe this baby is just meant to be

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikkih85 For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (20-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkih85 View Post
    Yea your right just waiting on blood test results to confirm for sure but first response I know from past review don't have an Evap line and even though it's faint it's pink and it's there! I just wish my ex could see this as a good thing as he is an amazing dad to his daughter and no this wasn't planned it is no ones fault it has just happened for some reason I don't personally believe in abortion but I do not judge those who do it's a personal choice just worried about ectopic this really is mind blowing tubes tied and I only have one ovary and tube left as I lost one to a cyst in 2012! Maybe this baby is just meant to be
    Keep that positive attitude x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am trying so hard it's hard as I am so worried about telling the babies Daddy and what he will say it's just so hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going in for surgery tonight it's all over for me good luck everyone I hope and pray that you all have beautiful healthy babies and have smooth pregnancies enjoy every moment life is so precious and even though this pregnancy was unexpected to me this baby was very much wanted so I am so heart broken I want to tell my ex what is going on but I can't bring myself to do it as what's the point?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear @Nikkih85 I hope you're ok. Hope you can find a way to tell you ex so he can give you the support you need x