Induction to avoid out of hospital birth | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Induction to avoid out of hospital birth

Just curious if anyone has done this or if you would consider it. I have a history of quick labour. My last was one hour from waking up in the morning to baby in arms. My ob has mentioned that for the future I could consider an induction so that I avoid having the baby out of hospital.
    I'm not currently pregnant but will be TTC soon.
    The thought of giving birth on the side of the road or in front of my two daughters scares the hell out of me, but I'm not sure it justifies an induction. I've never had one before and scared it will lead to intervention. Interested in others thoughts..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm looking at this at the moment and will be talking to my Ob at my next appointment.

Whilst I understand the higher rate of interventions etc, the side of the road or on my own with my son scares me more.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to emeraldsandsiamonds For This Useful Post:

Mambo  (19-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In your situation I would consider a planned homebirth. The side of the road is certainly not ideal but the risks associated with induction would also not be acceptable to me so if I had a 'low risk' pregnancy I would homebirth. Have the professionals come to you! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    In your situation I would consider a planned homebirth. The side of the road is certainly not ideal but the risks associated with induction would also not be acceptable to me so if I had a 'low risk' pregnancy I would homebirth. Have the professionals come to you! X
    This is actually something that my ob also mentioned. I'm pretty medicalised in my mindset so I'd prefer to give birth in hospital but it's something I will think about more. Even if I planned a homebirth I think I'd still be worried about it all happening before support arrives and freaking my daughters out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mambo For This Useful Post:

emeraldsandsiamonds  (20-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your daughters will only freak out if you freak out. And you will probably be too busy to freak out!
    In WA we have the option to be cared for by the homebirth service in pregnancy but then have them care for us in hospital for labour and birth. It's called a domino birth. That could be perfect for you. When you went into labour you call the midwife to say I'm in labour and heading to the hospital but if you or her thinks you're running out of time then she would come to you. I'm not sure if they have a similar thing in other states.
    Also if you are cared for by these midwives for your whole pregnancy then they would address all those fears with you. It really is an awesome model of care. Homebirth is not for everyone but I wish it was on the table as an option for more women. What an awesome ob to even consider it with you. Xxx