+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ICSI cycle - length

Hi there,

We are seeing Dr Esler next week to start the process of making baby number 2 once again through ICSI. I can't quite remember how long it took from wo-to-go, could someone remind me? Is it two weeks of the pill first?

I am a teacher, so hoping to work it in with school holidays, but wondering if we have left it a little late for the Sept/Oct Holidays.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, I didn't receive any responses to my above post, but I also didn't have a lot of information. I have a little more now....

I need to start 'the pill' on day 1 of my period. This should appear in the next day or two.

For our first baby, we did a 3 day fresh transfer. We only had 3 eggs and only 1 took. We got our beautiful baby! Doc was explaining new studies and procedures and we came to realise that baby number one was almost a miracle. My dosage will be doubled due to low response last time.

This time doc says they no longer do fresh transfers due to more success with frozen embryos. Therefore this time around any successful embryos will be frozen and transferred on day 5.

So, could anyone help me with how long they think this cycle might take?

Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @NessieJ I feel the reason that it is hard to answer your question is that because there's a few different protocols, all of which consist of a different process and meds so take differing lengths of time.
    ive only done one stim, which took 7 weeks from day 1 of the pill to getting my bfp at the pregnancy blood test at 9dp5dt. I think it was 3 week so on the pill (just the active tablets) with a few days of overlap between the pill end synarel spray for me so 2ish weeks of just the pill on its own. Af came a couple of days after stopping the pill and then it was just the 4 weeks to see the result. I did gonal f injections for about 9 days as I was ready to go to EPU after 1 folicle scan, that part will vary for each person too. After the trigger, it was just crinone for me.
    That was what was included in my down reg cycle, which I believe is a common way to do it for first time ivf'ers. We got DD from our fresh cycle and 4 blasts frozen. One didn't thaw and we had a lot of bad luck with the rest- 2 pregnancies from 3 transfers but no baby in the end. I had a d&c just last week so we are on a much needed break for now.
    Good luck to you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Annerley,

Thank you very much for your response, I guess I just need to sit tight and let it all just happen as it happens.

I am sorry to hear, and wish you all the best for your future attempts.

Regards,