WWYD induction? | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Agree 9 days is a long time for something to happen! I remember when I was 6 days over I was in tears thinking bubs still wasn't coming (booked in for induction 10 days over as per hospital policy) but that evening she was in my arms!

Bubs head is down? You've been feeling tightenings? MW to perform a stretch and sweep? Sounds like it could happen anytime! It is your second.....
    It'll happen by then I'm sure
    I say like pp look at booking induction day 7/8 but fingers crossed it won't be necessary. Good luck! Xxxx
    Head is fully engaged. Been feeling lots of tightenings too but nothing painful or timed.

Pray for me everyone lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be going for the induction personally. Worst case scenario it ends in a c-section and bub is still safely in your arms. I wouldn't risk going over based on personal experience and experiences of people I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been induced for all three births so I don't know any different. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    I would be going for the induction personally. Worst case scenario it ends in a c-section and bub is still safely in your arms. I wouldn't risk going over based on personal experience and experiences of people I know.
    Inductions are more riskier than spontaneous births and more frequently lead to complications.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (19-08-2016),sunnygirl79  (19-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In terms of being induced, have a think about the pros and cons of each scenario. What would be more important to you - having your DP present at the birth or having a water birth? Can your DP cancel or postpone his trip? I would think having a baby would trump any work commitments and surely if it was for work, they would understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Having him there trumps water birth.

He can cancel but not postpone the trip. He's been selected to play over there for a competition (he plays professional sport).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I guess he needs to think about what is more important to him then. I would like to think that for him seeing his baby born + being there for the first week would be more important than playing sport (but then that's just me!!). In this scenario I would ask him not to go, and wait for labour to happen spontaneously. It sucks when you are having to think of compromising on what you want (water birth) just because of your DPs plans.

(Not the same but my BIL couldn't go on a cricket trip to play in India because we got married. He was bummed, but there was no way he wasn't going to be here for it)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gosh you are a better partner than me, I would demand he cancelled his trip .

If it were me I would not induce for convenience. I would only ever consider induction for medical reasons - if the baby or my safety were at risk. Reason being, inducing can start a long line of interventions - it's unlikely you would be able to have a water birth (may depend on your hospital though), and you're really setting yourself up for a medically managed birth (as apposed to natural). And there are plenty of risks associated with induction as I am sure you know. Your due date is really an educated guess, it could be several days out.

I have gone over with both my pregnancies - 9 days with DS1, 2 days with DS2. Did I read somewhere you were late with your first OP? Because my OB suggested that it's more likely you'll go late with your subsequent births if you did the first time (obviously not a rule, just statistically more likely). Some people need to 'cook' their babies a little longer than others. Some countries consider full term to be 42 weeks.

I have friends who always get induced (some for convenience) and have had no problems. However for others it was the start of a downward spiral leading to emergency c-sec.

Personally I would look to other methods of natural induction such as acupuncture and using body positioning/active poses etc (like the miles circuit, spinning babies, deep yoga squats etc).

I chose not to get a S & S. For me it was about avoiding unnecessary interventions. I think this is better than a medical induction however they aren't very reliable and carry risks also. I guess it depends on what you're comfortable with. Best of luck I hope that your Bub makes an appearance soon!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (19-08-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (19-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Inductions are more riskier than spontaneous births and more frequently lead to complications.
    Like I said, I was answering based on my own personal experience and those of some of the mothers I know who refused induction at term. *I* feel that bub is safer out than in at full-term. I imagine everyone will have their own opinion based on their obstetric history.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-08-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you try just having the prostaglandin gel and seeing if it's enough to kick start labour without being formally induced?

I would prefer my partner there but I would probably still mot be induced, I would get her to cancel her trip. Reason being my labour was augmented last time and it was horrid compared to natural labour, and I'm hoping not to repeat that again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

SophistoKat  (20-08-2016)