+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Are you/Were you a Mean Girl?

Adults still do that crap?! WTF! They must be very insecure about themselves to want to bully other people.

I'm so sorry that's happened to you and hope it doesn't put you off making new friends. The vast majority of adults would never behave like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You ladies are so lovely. Yes, I was so shocked by their behaviour (seriously) and it left me feeling really cr@ppy. Reading everyone's responses and reflecting on it has been good though. Thank you X

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (19-08-2016),MsViking  (19-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can kinda relate with the adult "mean girls" ! I moved interstate a few years back and was taken completely out of my comfort zone. I tried super super hard for my kids...joined whatever i could and got that *****y stare that some "mean girls" do at a few mothers groups, gosspi behind my back and just a feeling of unfriendlyness. Heaven forbid a new woman might want to join in for coffee catch ups and kiddy play dates etc. Arrgghh, could not believe it, i left that crap, or so i thought in high school. I agree, a bunch of grown woman behaving like this have to be insecure or something. Seriously, why the fruck be so catty?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not me at all, never ever was either but I have met one who is in her 50's which shocked me as I wrongly assumed that by the time you were a grandparent you wouldn't behave like a teenager but they are out there. Unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, I have frequent chats with my MIL who is in her 50s and she has many stories of people her age and even a decade or two older, that still behave that way. Sometimes worse. I think some people are just going to be like that their whole life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was always fat in school and people would make fun of me etc then I lost weight and people wanted to be my friend and join the 'cool side' but I turned into a mean person to them... Yes it felt good. Yes I got expelled no I don't give a **** 😁 years of torment and I LOVED every moment of releasing it! People would mock me and say oh she's having another one of her ditzy moments eg a seizure. Oh she can't do the beep test she's too fat etc. then I was slim and skinny after being sick for ages so I did look pretty good looking lol and managed to keep weight off and everyone wanted to be my friends LOL I DONT think so!!

Aprt from that I'm nice. Except for my smart *** comments 😝

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As someone who was bullied, I find it interesting that the opinion of people who were bullies or were friends with bullies "excuse" their behaviour as being a result of bad families, poor upbringings etc. The people who bullied me, while wide and varied (I was the target of several groups across many year levels), the majority were from wealthy families, donned in the best brands on uniform free days, living in the most elite suburbs ( I caught the bus 45 minutes to school from a suburb further out). Now of course, I wasn't privvy to their home lives but I very much doubt every single one of them was an abused child or brought up in an awful family. I'm tipping some (probably most, if not all) were just ar$eholes.

I am literally paranoid as an adult that people are talking about me or criticizing me behind my back. I avoid eye contact and rarely speak to anyone at school/daycare pick ups because I am convinced I'm being mocked behind my back.

Now that I've read it still happens among adults, I'm even more worried 😣

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (20-08-2016),atomicmama  (20-08-2016),BlackDiamond  (20-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have any of you seen the movie "Bad Mom's "? I walked in thinking it would be stupid (it was a charity event) but came out loving it...Some mean mums in there. I could totally relate to so much of that movie, not sure if because I have older children. Great flick to see with your girlfriends...