+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No I wasn't a mean girl and definitely not a mean girl now. I strongly value the attribute of kindness and I think it is seriously underrated.
    When younger I was on the fringes, never really fit in. Kinda still feel the same actually. I'm a bit of a loner, happy with my own company, find it hard to make friends as I don't connect with many people, and I'm not invested in what others think of me.
    Off topic but I went to 4 schools in 4 years and subsequently left school part of the way through year 11. School was not a good experience for me and I'm determined it will be better for my DD.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-08-2016),Marchbundle  (18-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No. I was very much the odd one out. 6 primary schools and 3 high schools meant I always hovered in "the new kid" zone. This seemed to make me a target for bullying but I have odd social issues (struggle picking up cues) so most of the time I didn't even realise which made me quite immune. Hindsight, I realise it for what it was but at the time, I had no idea.
    I think the only one that really stuck with me was during 11th grade, kid started referring to me as "Columbine". As in the massacre. Apparently they all thought I was weird and was going to snap and shoot up the school or something (picking on me about it was probably not the smartest move if that was the case). I even had a teacher pull me aside several times to ask if I was okay, and once he told me that there was a kid at the school a few years before me who pulled a machete out of his bag, threatened a kid and then took off. Never returned. And then COMPARED me to that kid. Said I reminded him of that kid.
    Got a bit off topic there hah. I think my point was, I am way to clueless in the social arena to be a "mean girl".

I am quite sarcastic, especially when angry, though. So that might come across mean. Hubby says it's hard to tell when I'm being sarcastic. Hmmm, I don't know.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (19-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was always the bullied one in school so no - I was not the mean girl. It still makes me sad the way I was treated.

Strangely one of the girls who bullied me is one of my best friends. We became friends a few years after school ended. And realised we actually liked each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It depended on who you were and how you treated others yourself. Sometimes I was the mean girl but for reasons of sticking up for kids that had a hard time sticking up for themselves. I came from a bit of a rough area and I was an only child so I had to learn to stand up for myself and bluff people into being unsure of me enough that they were scared. I built up a tough persona... But I really was just a confused teenage girl.

I used to hate seeing other kids getting bullied and teased and used to step in for them and perhaps I was pretty mean if you thought it was ok to bully but other than that.... I just stuck to my group of friends for the most part although I would chat to anyone that was around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I played a part in bullying at times, but for the most part, I was friends with everyone and was the one that stuck up for others.

Our school environment was the reality version of Mean Girls. There was a 'Queen Bee' and her minions. She was truly horrible to anyone and everyone for the duration of primary and high school.
    I was the only one that stood up to her and it often caused more trouble than it was worth. In hindsight, I am appalled that teachers allowed her and her mother to go to the levels they did without any consequences. Ie. letting a mother enter the school grounds at lunch time and standing by while she hurls abuse at a 9 year old for sticking up for the person that her daughter tried to turn the whole grade against for no reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was by no means a mean girl but definitely hung out with that group, in primary school anyway. I was bullied by my cousin who is the same age as me. We went through primary and high school together. Primary was harder because we had a small class so I couldn't escape. But my defence mechanism was to join her, and as a result, I did some things I'm not proud of. I was able to escape come High school and she went on to join an equally mean group of girls. She is a toxic mean girl. Think Regina George on Steroids. She is part of my very close family but is definitely the odd one out. Her immediate family have bullying tendencies but she is on another level. I don't understand how people can find pleasure in putting others down. It blows my mind. I'm the type of person that feels physically Ill if someone feels **** because of something I've said or done, as I would never intentionally want someone to feel like that.
    Last edited by MrsDL; 19-08-2016 at 10:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was always a very quiet child, and I lacked confidence. I was also fairly overweight all the way through school, and was bullied mercilessly and consistently for many years because of it.

I actually had a moment as an adult, many years after school, where my tormentor approached me to apologise for making my life so miserable. I thanked her and accepted her apology, but I also told her I would never be able to simply forgive and forget. The bullying was so prolonged and the scars so deep, I will never get over it.

My husband was a loner as a child too. He came off the farm, was a very quiet, honest and studious child, and he too was bullied badly at school. We are old fashioned and kind-hearted people despite our wounds, and if/when we are ever blessed to have a child, forefront in our minds is to raise them to be kind, compassionate people who would never think to inflict that sort of pain upon another person.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (19-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone else dying to know what @VicPark was like at high school?
    Please share lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was never intentionally a mean girl/bully but I was and am very sarcastic and a bit of a smart **** which one girl has since told me she took as me being mean and I could not apologise enough. I was bullied in primary school for being a bigger girl (high school had me even out proportionately) so I was always the first to jump in to help someone being bullied and still feel terrible to this girl for ever making her feel bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was neither a bully or a victim of bullying. I do somethings have 'mean girl' thoughts but I don't act on them 😁