+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Are you/Were you a Mean Girl?

Who is game to admit they were one/are one? What's the motivation? Does it feel good to be mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope, but I had the hell bullied out of me by several so I'm very keen to see the responses.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are you/Were you a Mean Girl?

I was bullied at times and also bullied others. I think to a certain extent a lot of my behaviour was normal for a teenage girl but I still carry a lot of guilt about things I did or participated in back then.
    The girls in my high school group were quite nasty to each other. It was a toxic environment.
    They certainly didn't bring out the best in me. I'm no longer friends with any of the girls from high school.
    Needless to say I started hanging out with boys and even now prefer the company of males. No gossip, no bull****.

Eta so so glad social media etc didn't exist back then
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 18-08-2016 at 16:17.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (18-08-2016),Evee16  (19-08-2016),VicPark  (19-08-2016),Wise Enough  (18-08-2016),Wissa  (18-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can honestly say I wasn't a mean girl during school. I was the popular girl that would talk to everyone which was probably a good trait to have. It did cause a lot of people to be jealous and want to talk about me which I just brushed off!
    As I got older I got a bit more c0cky and mean, more so I didn't take anyone's cr4p and refused to be walked over. Yep, it felt good to be a strong women, not so good if I really hurt someone emotionally.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No. I was outcast throughout primary school which was hard. In high school I was a drifter and moved between groups. I had a few fights with my friends but I never bullied anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always remember being bullied at school, but I also know I was a right b*tch as well. I was the kid that was on the outside of the cool kids, I hung with them, but I wasn't the popular one of the group. So I'd go along with a lot of what they said/did and I really regret it. I've since apologised to a few girls I went to school with and they understood, said we were all as bad etc. But I definitely felt terrible about it.

I was badly bullied at work a while back and it ruined me. I took a break from BH around the same time and it really made me try to stop and think before I say anything now, both in real life and online. I'm really opinionated but I try now and think "is this worth saying?" or "will this upset anyone unnecessarily?"

I think having kids really changed me too, especially now my oldest is at school. I never say anything negative about anyone in front of her and try we talk a lot about the power of words and the effect on others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, no mean girl here.

This thread got me thinking though. In year 9 I hung out with the uber cool girls. Some of them were lovely but some of them were right bishes. I was miserable. It took me the whole year to figure out why I was so miserable (hello emotional immaturity). It was the fact that I was aligning myself with these mean girls by being part of their group. Our values were so mismatched and I was so stressed all of the time. I am a loving person and can't stand people being hurt. So yep, it was a tough year for me.

In year 10 I gravitated away from the bishes with people I loved who were like-minded. Subsequently, the next 3 years were awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, I was way too quiet and shy. I was bullied, and changed friendship groups a few times because of it. Although, I did find out (by accident) that quite a lot of people thought I was a b!tch and a snob because I didn't talk to many of the people in our grade, let alone school. I was just too shy. Talking to people I didn't know made me anxious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    "I" don't think I was a mean girl but I might have come across as one to some , we weren't nasty or bullied anyone but we had our own seats in the playground that no one else would go near kinda thing , most of us were prefects /captains and quite sporty or in drama so again were a very confident group ( about ten of us) so probably did come across as *****y ( this was in the 80,s at a girls school - no social media, no mobile phones!)
    Again today I'm very confident and not shy so probably unintentionally might intimidate some of the more quieter people but definitely am not mean!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think i toed the line somewhere in the middle, i wasnt popular nor was i bullied.