+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, I'm always suprised when people feel so strongly about facebook! Like, it's a page on a screen. When DH & I deactivated FB a few years ago,his family cried, lol. For reals. Like we died or something. We were like 'It's ok, we're still here'.

I think feminism has nothing to do with it. How do you feel if people have joint email addresses? Does that fire people up equally? What about joint postal addresses? A lot of people are just not heavily invested in *facebook* as an important part of their identity. For a lot of people, it's a basic communication tool, just like an email address or even postal address. Not a symbol of their relationship and how controlling it may or may not be.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (18-08-2016),BornToBe  (18-08-2016),clb84  (18-08-2016),gingermillie  (18-08-2016),Happymum2  (18-08-2016),Izzys Dragon  (19-08-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (18-08-2016),misho  (18-08-2016),MissMuppet  (18-08-2016),Theboys&me  (18-08-2016),Tinkers  (18-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I think feminism has nothing to do with it. How do you feel if people have joint email addresses? Does that fire people up equally? .
    Yep - same concerns.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (18-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a joint one but it's under DP names only as I was being severely talked by a couple crazy arsed people (related) and they didn't know my DP's name, haven't had any issues since i shut mine down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did have friends who shared an account for years but they have since created their own accounts. Never thought anything of it.

They seem perfectly happy and there are no control issues there that I can see, they are an awesome, fun, outgoing, crazy couple with 2 beautiful girls. I assume they shared an account because one of them couldn't be bothered being active on FB but they wanted to be tagged in pictures, particularly as the non-active partner had a very active mum on FB who was constantly posting pics of the girls. I can see how people in a similar situation would want to share.

Definitely not for me though. I personally wouldn't do it, because for the reasons people have stated above - private pregnancy groups, messenger etc, not that I have anything at all to hide.. But it's nice to have my own "space".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (18-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only had one friend in FB with a joint account. Didn't burger me in the slightest. They are a great couple with no control issues etc. initially she was the only one who had an account but they both looked at it... Then he started 'liking' things and she was embarrassed cos it looked like it was her. So she changed it to joint and he puts a sunnies emoji at the end of any comments he makes. Works well. They are in their late 50s and mainly use it to keep up with family.

I'm not sure why people are so judgmental about what others do on Facebook.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I barely use it and couldn't care enough about FB to set up my own page. I use DHs FB on the odd occasion and I suppose it's joint in a way. I never though it was an issue or anyone cared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post

I think feminism has nothing to do with it. How do you feel if people have joint email addresses? Does that fire people up equally? What about joint postal addresses? A lot of people are just not heavily invested in *facebook* as an important part of their identity. For a lot of people, it's a basic communication tool, just like an email address or even postal address. Not a symbol of their relationship and how controlling it may or may not be.
    I don't think you can compare email addresses and fb accounts, it's apples and oranges. You don't have private groups with email, the entire system and function of the 2 is different.

Look, I really don't care *that* much. I'm simply answering the question in this thread and my reasons why I'm not a fan. I'm surprised others feel so strongly about that too lol If people want to have joint accounts go for it. I just explained my reasons why in some cases I'm not a fan.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have never given it a second thought, to be honest. I don't really give a hoot if others want joint Facebook pages. Would never happen for us, DP couldn't handle sharing a page with me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I have a few friends like this. I do find it odd, but it's their choice. The most annoying thing is, I never know which one is commenting. And when they message they seem to assume I know which one is sending the message? Um I don't! Also I would speak slightly differently when I address a friend as apposed to her husband. Can't really do that with joint accounts - you can't be sure which one will read it.

I find that frustrating too. Other than that, the people I know that have joint accounts are say one at home and partner doesn't use computers at work, I've kind of always assumed they just have one computer between them and can't be bothered to switch between accounts. Although I'm sure they both have phones etc. clearly I haven't given it much though, only in the way it affects me - annoyed that I don't know who's commenting lol.

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I had a friend of a friend who not only had an account for her dog (with a full name e.g. Muffin Smith ) but the dog had like 160 friends... more than I had. Who friends a ****zu?? And she maintained the account like a normal person would - with pics of the dog at the park, wearing outfits, on 'play dates'

And BH asterisked out s h i t z u LOL
    Haha I have a page for my dog! He is very popular my mum often complains that he has way more friends than her
    I've always been one to write stories from the point of view of my dog or one of my particular ducks (Mr Duck Norris), people seem to find it hilarious and kept asking me to start a blog for them, so I gave the dog his own FB page to share his own wisdom IHFO (in his furry opinion) I use it as a bit of a joke and a laugh. The dog does keep threatening to unfriend me though, and I've got some strange transactions on my credit card for 15 love boats...I suspect the duck..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Haha I have a page for my dog! He is very popular my mum often complains that he has way more friends than her
    I've always been one to write stories from the point of view of my dog or one of my particular ducks (Mr Duck Norris), people seem to find it hilarious and kept asking me to start a blog for them, so I gave the dog his own FB page to share his own wisdom IHFO (in his furry opinion) I use it as a bit of a joke and a laugh. The dog does keep threatening to unfriend me though, and I've got some strange transactions on my credit card for 15 love boats...I suspect the duck..
    I laughed out loud reading this You're a nut!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-08-2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast