+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,835
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked
    796
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Couples who have joint Facebook accounts

    Question for those who have said 'get your own identity', 'as a feminist', or 'let go of your vag or penis'. Have you ever thought that maybe the couples like having a joint facebook account, maybe it's not about getting your own identity and solely something that they like having. Yes I can see that sometimes it may be because of controlling/obsessive behavior but I think that you are all reading a little too much into it. I'll be honest I don't appreciate being call weird/lame/immature but at the same time it's not something that I'm going to loose sleep over. I can clearly see though that i'm in the minority with this one.
    Last edited by Happymum2; 17-08-2016 at 23:17.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

    amyd  (18-08-2016),babyno1onboard  (18-08-2016),cheeeeesecake  (18-08-2016),misho  (18-08-2016)

  3. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,198
    Thanks
    312
    Thanked
    960
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Happymum2 I don't understand your reason for a joint account. In one breath you say it's for promotion purposes which that makes sense as its like a business page without Facebook deeming it one therefore avoiding their rules but on the other hand you say it's only close family and friends so therefore not really a promotional tool.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,835
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked
    796
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Couples who have joint Facebook accounts

    My husband has a business page, under his name but to have a business page (separate) you need to have an admin (main account), which is under both our names. His business page is solely for business whereas our main account I share photos etc. His business page is a public page whereas our page is private.
    Last edited by Happymum2; 17-08-2016 at 23:21.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

    maternidade  (17-08-2016)

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,848
    Thanks
    6,202
    Thanked
    16,895
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    What's much weirder is people making separate accounts for their pets and babies
    I had a friend of a friend who not only had an account for her dog (with a full name e.g. Muffin Smith ) but the dog had like 160 friends... more than I had. Who friends a ****zu?? And she maintained the account like a normal person would - with pics of the dog at the park, wearing outfits, on 'play dates'

    And BH asterisked out s h i t z u LOL

  7. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,835
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked
    796
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    @Happymum2 I don't understand your reason for a joint account. In one breath you say it's for promotion purposes which that makes sense as its like a business page without Facebook deeming it one therefore avoiding their rules but on the other hand you say it's only close family and friends so therefore not really a promotional tool.
    I just re-read my post and can see how you thought we didn't have a business page. I fixed it so it should make sense now.

  8. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,848
    Thanks
    6,202
    Thanked
    16,895
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    My husband has a business page, under his name but to have a business page (separate) you need to have an admin (main account), which is under both our names. His business page is solely for business whereas our main account I share photos etc. His business page is a public page whereas our page is private.
    No criticism or judgment at all, but why not just have your own account as the admin and his as the owner? Why a dual account? You don't need to justify yourself in any way. But you have pointed out that people have joint accounts for non possessive reasons so I'm just trying to understand

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    Happymum2  (17-08-2016)

  10. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,198
    Thanks
    312
    Thanked
    960
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    No criticism or judgment at all, but why not just have your own account as the admin and his as the owner? Why a dual account? You don't need to justify yourself in any way. But you have pointed out that people have joint accounts for non possessive reasons so I'm just trying to understand
    I see it as he is the product and therefore should be admin but doesn't have time or will to be admin so she works on his behalf without her private details leaked to strangers

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

    Happymum2  (17-08-2016)

  12. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,848
    Thanks
    6,202
    Thanked
    16,895
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    I see it as he is the product and therefore should be admin but doesn't have time or will to be admin so she works on his behalf without her private details leaked to strangers
    Ahhh I see, that makes sense.

  13. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,835
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked
    796
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    No criticism or judgment at all, but why not just have your own account as the admin and his as the owner? Why a dual account? You don't need to justify yourself in any way. But you have pointed out that people have joint accounts for non possessive reasons so I'm just trying to understand
    He doesn't have the time to advertise, respond to messages, manage his business page (he works full time as well) and instead of having just his name or my name on the main account we decided to have both. We get tagged on bss pages (his page can't be tagged, the link can only be copied and pasted, which he doesn't get a notification for) when people are asking for recommendation for upcoming events and instead of me having to explain that I'm his wife etc, I can message people to have a look at 'my' page and don't have to do the whole I'm his wife spiel. Just works for us.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

    delirium  (17-08-2016)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,835
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked
    796
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Couples who have joint Facebook accounts

    I will also add that we have a couple of friends who have the same set up. The husband has the business (plumber/painter etc) but the main page is in both their names and the wife manages the business page.
    Last edited by Happymum2; 17-08-2016 at 23:58.


 

Similar Threads

  1. help couples
    By ShanviPathak in forum Adoption / Surrogacy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2015, 19:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Cots on Bubhub
Looking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery shops
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!