+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank u all so much you've all made extremely valid points. I just hope it gets easier with time because right now it feels like it won't and I'm so lonely.

And harvs u hit the nail right on the head. That's exactly how I'm feeling. I'm so scared of being alone for the rest of my life.

I also think because I've been away from him for awhile now and he seems to have changed somewhat, that all the horrible things he did don't seem as bad anymore. Even though I know deep down if I was still living with it I would hate it so much.

I wonder if your good feelings are of who he was at the start of your relationship rather than of the man he is now. I had a similar break up (pregnant with my dd) but chose to end the relationship after something he did that broke my trust. He was also an abusive man but sadly my kids do have to see him. They are lucky in that I'm a supportive and strong mum who is a positive influence in their life. This is the longest I have been single and after realising I didn't need or want a man in my life to detract me from my role of working mum, I now have created an independent life. Now if I meet a man its for the sole purpose of male company. You won't be alone all your life but your kids are in a better emotional space because they don't have an abusive parent living with them. Your story depicts a strong loving mum and you sound like you're doing a great job.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spincycle For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (18-08-2016)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Every day it gets a little bit easier and you should never be afraid to be on your own.

When I left my verbal/emotionally abusive ex, the last thing he said to me was that no one else would want me (because I was a single mum).

I created a wonderful life with my DD and made a great relationship with myself. I learned to be independent and to love who I was.

After a few years, I met a beautiful man his son and we now live together in a little blended family.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    He has actually given you the biggest piece of closure and it's kind of a gift.. He said he doesn't want you anymore. Take that and use it every time you feel like you want him back. If anything he's made your life easier as you don't have to look back and wonder if you made the right decision because the decision was made for you. He on the other hand will eventually wonder if he made the right one.. Men usually do (in my experience).

The only thing that will help you get over him is time.. One day you just wAke up and it just doesn't hurt as much anymore then each day from there it gets better until one day those feelings are just a memory.
    Totally agreed with Joeee.