+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bloating and cramps - ovulation or ovulation coming?

Hey all

trying to conceive, four month trying this month. I'm trying to work out whether bloating and cramps are a sign ovulation is happening or coming? I do a OPK and my understanding is it shows high fertility and then when peak fertility hits you are peak for two days. Day one is normally an indication ovulation is coming within 12-36 hours and the second day is normally when you ovulate and the egg is usually around for about 12 hours.

I started feeling long abdominal cramping yesterday, first peak day, and have mild cramping today but not so noticeable. So trying to work out what means what. My husband is a shift worker so trying is not so easy for us but just trying to understand as much as I can to help where possible.

i understand sperm usually hangs around for about 2 days as well....I wonder if a man in his 40s sperm doesn't stick around as long?

thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Everyone is different, but my ovulation is very painful. I can even tell you which ovary has ovulated each month.

I also have other signs like cm.

As time has gone on, I have become more and more aware of my body and I know what's happening.. I'm sure you are noticing signs too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im the same as preggasaurus.
    I usually have a day of awful cramps, and always have a sharp pain in one ovary. Lots of cm a few days before. After this crampy day, i feel fine.