+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    My stupid HD recorder didn't tape the end of the show! What happened after Julia walked out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    My stupid HD recorder didn't tape the end of the show! What happened after Julia walked out?
    The usual...tears, drama, 'it's just so hard, Julia is second guessing herself which makes it hard, we're not going to have a room to reveal'...blah blah blah. Usual Julia and Sasha stuff.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (15-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone else think Will and Carly look more like brother and sister?

Will is being a real d*ck about the flooring and blaming Dan and Keith. I get he's stressed but his talking to camera when they're being interviewed was after the fact and he was still blaming them.
    Finally caught up. I agree Will is being a **** BUT why didn't Keith or Dan - when Will first told them what he was doing - tell him he needed to go over the plan with them before starting? Will is a first time renovator. I think the blame is 50/50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Ooooh! What an episode!!! I am also surprised at the difference in scores and comments toward the girls. I do think judges were a bit out of line with their comments, but also they were honest.

It's the second week in a row that Sasha has had an idea that Julia has poopooed and hence removed and the judges have had negative comments. First was Sasha said to put some sheer curtains in the guest bedroom but Julia said long curtains look ridiculous on short Windows so didn't put them in and the judges said it was soulless and needed some warmth such as some sheer curtains.

This week Sasha wanted the wallpaper and said she would rather get negative feedback for trying something new than get more 'soulless' feed back. And again Julia poopooed her idea, no wall paper and they got told they needed more oomph!

So yeah the judges should have been a bit more considered before criticising her ability to do her job but they can't complain about the room feedback. I think the bed was amazing but that was about it.

So much too for them going home after the judging, they were still in the outtakes

And Karleen! My god! The looks on her face whenever the boys were given good feedback was priceless!

Bring on this weeks' dramahhh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And Karleen! My god! The looks on her face whenever the boys were given good feedback was priceless!

If looks could kill!! I think they severely underestimated the boys. I'm always rooting for the underdog and man they are showing some awesome skills! That room, I'd happily have that as my master bedroom!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    It was genius! That triangular window into the ensuite, the black wardrobes and mural were very smart. Dan and Karleen may have done 8 rennos which gives them good experience for renovation processes and what may go wrong etc but that doesn't mean they have style or the right style for the block.

Notice how the 2 highest scored rooms this week had something different about them. So the ensuite and therefore the built in robes, also the nib wall. Both layouts gave them a lot of creative licence, the other 3 just popped a bed against a wall and a chair I. The corner or in the girls' case a useless hall stand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooh! What an episode!!! I am also surprised at the difference in scores and comments toward the girls. I do think judges were a bit out of line with their comments, but also they were honest.

It's the second week in a row that Sasha has had an idea that Julia has poopooed and hence removed and the judges have had negative comments. First was Sasha said to put some sheer curtains in the guest bedroom but Julia said long curtains look ridiculous on short Windows so didn't put them in and the judges said it was soulless and needed some warmth such as some sheer curtains.

This week Sasha wanted the wallpaper and said she would rather get negative feedback for trying something new than get more 'soulless' feed back. And again Julia poopooed her idea, no wall paper and they got told they needed more oomph!

So yeah the judges should have been a bit more considered before criticising her ability to do her job but they can't complain about the room feedback. I think the bed was amazing but that was about it.

So much too for them going home after the judging, they were still in the outtakes

I didn't watch it, but I have always hated how staged the judges comments are when it comes to mentioning things contestants have fought over during the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I didn't watch it, but I have always hated how staged the judges comments are when it comes to mentioning things contestants have fought over during the week.
    Ugh it's always soooo obvious they know how the week went

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I actually think the judges shouldn't even know who belongs to which apartment. They also should never know even for the challenge deciding who got which apartment. It should be blind judging.

They would still have favourites but at least then they wouldn't know what career the people have who did the apartment. It's like they're scoring the girls down because they're meant to just be good because of Julia's profession.

I'm all for a brand new set of judges next season. And while they're at it ditch Scott Cann. He's a condescending a hole!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually think the judges shouldn't even know who belongs to which apartment. They also should never know even for the challenge deciding who got which apartment. It should be blind judging.

They would still have favourites but at least then they wouldn't know what career the people have who did the apartment. It's like they're scoring the girls down because they're meant to just be good because of Julia's profession.

I'm all for a brand new set of judges next season. And while they're at it ditch Scott Cann. He's a condescending a hole!
    Yes to all of this! I am watching room reveals (just for ideas), but that's about it. I am sick to death of these judges. The boy's room was great...I loved it, but they can't pretend they knew nothing. 5 weeks of renovating does not transform someone that much. It's all just far too obviously staged. The boys would have needed that win to get money to move forward (and they deserved it), but watch Kim and Chris win this Sunday (or at the very least the challenge) because their account will need boosting. Channel nine needs to profit from this too, they let it be a disaster one year, they won't make that mistake again.