+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They always have a certain range of "types". At the end of the day, people want to see the drama...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    They always have a certain range of "types". At the end of the day, people want to see the drama...
    Exactly. Think Dan and Dani, Dee and Dan... Anyone else see a trend?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha they must specifically go searching for a douchebag dan each season

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Haha, though original Dan was okay, it was Dani who was a ahem cow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Haha, though original Dan was okay, it was Dani who was a ahem cow.
    True, but he carried on just as much as Dani did about some things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thescientist View Post
    Can not stand the old couple. I get so mad at the tv haha. When ever the lady gets told off, or given criticism, she smirks like she's a teenager! Drives me bonkers
    See, I think she looks nervous, and is worried about what Dan will say when she looks like that. I just imagine her thinking 'please don't say anything, Dan.' I get the sense he controls the relationship (I could be way off).
    I don't watch it that much, but I do think it must be mortifying to be criticised so fiercely after putting in so much hard work. Yes, they're off the mark with their styling, but it must be absolutely gutting to hear such harsh criticism over something you've busted your backside over.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

ElizaDoLittle  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default The Block 2016 - Woo Hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    See, I think she looks nervous, and is worried about what Dan will say when she looks like that. I just imagine her thinking 'please don't say anything, Dan.' I get the sense he controls the relationship (I could be way off).
    I don't watch it that much, but I do think it must be mortifying to be criticised so fiercely after putting in so much hard work. Yes, they're off the mark with their styling, but it must be absolutely gutting to hear such harsh criticism over something you've busted your backside over.
    I just get the impression she doesn't agree with half the things he does or says on camera, but doesn't want to be seen to be 'embarrassing him' by telling him he's wrong or has said or done something unfair.

I agree it would be tough but be adults about it. I remembered what Dan said to the boys 'I guess style is out the window!' So he took offence to being criticised for their style, but it was okay to say the boys had no style. Hypocrite much!

They may have done 8 renovations, but between Shayna, Neil and Darren they've been involved in styling and designing faaaaar more.

So they need to either do it their own way if they think it will get them a massive profit and stuff the judges - in which case don't get shirty when you don't like their feedback, or take it on board, change it up and do what will get them more points and more money to make their apartment better quality.
    Last edited by A-Squared; 06-09-2016 at 13:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I just get the impression she doesn't agree with half the things he does or says on camera, but doesn't want to be seen to be 'embarrassing him' by telling him he's wrong or has said or done something unfair.

I agree it would be tough but be adults about it. I remembered what Dan said to the boys 'I guess style is out the window!' So he took offence to being criticised for their style, but it was okay to say the boys had no style. Hypocrite much!

They may have done 8 renovations, but between Shayna, Neil and Darren they've been involved in styling and designing faaaaar more.

So they need to either do it their own way if they think it will get them a massive profit and stuff the judges - in which case don't get shirty when you don't like their feedback, or take it on board, change it up and do what will get them more points and more money to make their apartment better quality.
    I get your point, and I don't like the way Dan comes across, but the judges could get their point across in a much nicer way. It puts me off the show tbh. I don't get enjoyment by watch someone be publicly humiliated, and that's what this is. I think the judges have forgotten that they're not judging professional stylists with years of experience behind them. Or maybe it's all for ratings, but it's nasty and I won't let me kids watch it anymore.
    Last edited by Full House; 06-09-2016 at 17:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally caught up on Sunday's reveal. Wow. The old couple got a beating. Very rough. Not sure if they deserved it or not... I'm not very stylish so I can't tell if it's awful haha. But I guess it *is* a competition. "Not a room worth keeping, will have to be redone" is a bit harsh though. I've seen worse on the show before!!
    But the way they take the feedback annoys me.
    The other couple that got told their bathroom was atrocious, they researched and spent the week charging things to suit. Taking on board what the judges said. These guys just roll their eyes and say pooh pooh we know better. Oh well, don't be surprised this week then when you get the same results.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Does anyone else think Will and Carly look more like brother and sister?

Will is being a real d*ck about the flooring and blaming Dan and Keith. I get he's stressed but his talking to camera when they're being interviewed was after the fact and he was still blaming them.