The Block 2016 - Woo Hoo! | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    I remembered why I gave up watching it. Keith and Dan are ridiculous. Honestly Keith becomes more of a character each season.
    I love the building.
    I don't mind any of the couples although the dark haired girl from the couple will irritate me too!
    I know! What's with the writing lines for the boys but letting the younger couple get away with using a builder from last season? Both broke the rules.

I do love the block but when the foremen and judges start changing up the rules depending on the couple, I get so frustrated!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (21-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Do you know what the building was originally?
    It was an old soap factory I believe. It was then going to be transformed into a school about 2 years ago and that fell through and The Block bought it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

amyd  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The blonde from the female couple is going to shiit me. She cried about 7 times in just this one ep. Honestly I predicted her partner was going to be the crier. I was wrong!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just catching up. We missed last night because we were out so tuning in tonight for the first time. Will let you know what I think when I've sussed out the couples. I like the 2 teachers so far, don't take things too seriously and they look like they're in it for some fun. We gave up on the block for awhile after Darren and Dee got a second run.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Um... Either last night was not a true representation or the block did play shenanigans on us!
    Weren't the girls required to return just about EVERYTHING? Yet that room had quite a bit of stuff in it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    Um... Either last night was not a true representation or the block did play shenanigans on us!
    Weren't the girls required to return just about EVERYTHING? Yet that room had quite a bit of stuff in it!!
    I think she probably just went OTT and this was what they kept. She's an interior designer so I dare say she has a different expectation on bare minimum.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default The Block 2016 - Woo Hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I think she probably just went OTT and this was what they kept. She's an interior designer so I dare say she has a different expectation on bare minimum.
    This! Plus they both tend to get a bit too upset over little things so take 'everything' back just meant, take the 24 carat gold side table made by blind monks in Tibet back.... Oh woe is us! Kind of thing

I found everything all the couples did was very cliqued(sp?) other than the girls in the bedroom - their bathroom was just boring.
    Last edited by A-Squared; 22-08-2016 at 23:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    24 carat gold side table made by blind monks in Tibet
    She does it again tomorrow too. The ads show her buying gold taps worth thousands

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Budget won't stretch far for those pair if they go splashing the cash! Do these contestants not watch previous series or what?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    Budget won't stretch far for those pair if they go splashing the cash! Do these contestants not watch previous series or what?!?
    Not well enough by the look of things.

Surely if you knew you were going on the show you would research builders and trades to contact, Google the crap out of current trends, find out what the judges like (Eg Shayna loves storage), what is the Pantone colour of the year, what colours go with it, what your style will be, what order you need your trades to come in and what each trade does.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (23-08-2016),Chippa  (23-08-2016)