+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't worry about what other people think - if you and your DP want to have kids now then go for it! It really doesn't matter how long you've been together.

As far as 'being ready' goes - not everyone has a magic moment where they're suddenly 'ready'. If I hadn't accidentally fallen pg with DS1 6 months after I got married, I don't know when we would have ever started trying. There was always something else to achieve, somewhere else to travel, weddings to attend, etc etc. But I don't for a second regret getting pregnant when I did, even if the timing wasn't the greatest - having a child trumps everything!

As others have said it could take several months, years even, to get pregnant. You've already suggested your fertility might be compromised - and even if it weren't there are no guarantees. You only get about 12 opportunities a year to fall pregnant, and a healthy couple only has a 1 in 4 (I think??) chance each time anyway!

I say go for it, and if you happen to fall pregnant you can adjust plans as needed. Unless you're extremely unlucky (and have a rough pregnancy for example), there is every possibility that you would be fine to go ahead with your travel plans regardless.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your ovarian reserve is pointing towards it being a good idea to start TTC sometime soon, but don't get too hung up on the number. My results were low, yet I conceived 1st month of trying (at 35 yo), 4th month of trying, and again 1st month of trying. Based on what I've read, AMH results can vary over time (sometimes upwards!) and should be used as a general indicator rather than an absolute indicator of your fertility - so don't stress out!

I hope you have a lovely holiday, either way.
    Last edited by Gentoo; 16-08-2016 at 10:52.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    Obviously the choice is yours to make, however if I were in your shoes I'd wait until after the Europe trip to start TTC.

It's only a few months away, and pregnancy will make certain elements of your trip less enjoyable (tiredness, potential morning sickness, abstaining from alcohol and certain foods).

I would not really be concerned with what others think in terms of it being a bit soon. I've noticed with friends and people around me, once you get a bit older relationships tend to move a lot faster. A close friend of mine was engaged and pregnant before her one year anniversary of being with her partner. They went on to marry and have another two children and are very happy with their life together. You also have the advantage of knowing your partner for a long time, so I think that means things will naturally move a bit faster.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I personally would wait until the Europe trip. It's not long to wait and I think big life experiences like this are a great way to cement a solid foundation in a relationship. I personally would not want to jeopardize the trip nor would I want to be on the trip during peak morning sickness time. Shared adventures are so wonderful! If it is just a 2-4 week trip I would stop the contraceptives a few weeks before you go and then how amazing would it be if you conceived while away!
    Also use the time from now til then to set up a baby saving fund, Finalize study stuff, Get healthy and do a little research into preconception care. That way you are not just 'waiting' but just slowly getting everything in order. I wouldn't wait a year or more to start but Xmas is right around the corner. Good luck. X

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (16-08-2016)

Thank you everyone for posting. You all helped with both sides of the decision. I have decided to get my implanon removed next week and we will be TTC yay!

We are both very excited. Thank you all again for your advice.