+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Deciding to start trying or not??

Hi,

I am very new. My partner and I are seriously discussing TTC. We have known each other for 14 years but only been officially dating for around 9mths. The relationship has moved very fast considering how long we have known each other. Feels like it has been years and its amazing. We live together and have have his 2 kids from a previous relationship every weekend. I found out earlier this year my egg count is quite low. We discussed babies before this news so my low count isn't rushing us but to some degree could make us want to start earlier than expected. He is in a very well paid job and finances wouldn't be an issue. I am studying but not that committed as I have been searching my whole life for what I want to do.

I have always wanted kids and its the only thing in life I know for certain I want. My partner is ready to start immediately and isn't worried about us rushing and feels strongly that we are ready. I am worried if it is too soon, I guess I worry about what society says or what people will think. I don't want a big age gaps with his kids or to miss out on having our own. I think the biggest thing holding me back is if we need more couple time. I finally found the relationship I have always wanted and don't want to ruin it or miss out on that time before babies come along. He reminds me its 9mths plus trying time so we have plenty of couple time.

We are also going to Europe for a month over Christmas and wonder if being pregnant during that trip is wise since I have been waiting to do this trips my whole life. Babies are more important to me though than Europe. I have moments of f**k it, life is short and this is what we both want so why wait.

As you can see my head is chaotic and I would love some help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd say go for it! If you love eachother and both want kids you won't regret having them now. I agree with your partner you'll have lots of time together before the baby comes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

Unsurelife  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would wait until after your holiday you just don't know how you will feel when pregnant. I flew domestically while 27-29 weeks pregnant because I felt comfortable with the risk that if I went into preterm labour I would happy with the quality of the healthcare plus I wouldn't be stuck overseas with a premmie.

Might seem far fetched but it's something that worried me being a midwife

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd say go for it. You never know how long it's going to take either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd start trying on your holiday. Speaking as someone who is currently pregnant, I wouldn't want to be traveling to Europe during my pregnancy, apart for the risks of preterm labour being pregnant is exhausting! Enjoy your holiday and see what next year brings.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkTutu For This Useful Post:

Unsurelife  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I agree that being pregnant on your holiday wouldn't be ideal, I say start trying sooner rather than later because as @babymummatobe said you never know how long it will take! I tried with my ex for 2 years with no success for a second baby and having fallen pregnant with our first accidentally I was not expecting that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fmb For This Useful Post:

Unsurelife  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I would say GO FOR IT as you have a low egg count!

You would not want to wait and regret the decision later ( time is of the esseence)

Make sure you have all the check up done (ovarian reserve, pap smear, bloods, semen analysis for your husband etc) so you know where you stand and if everything is ok with both of you.

Best of luck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ILKANDMT For This Useful Post:

Unsurelife  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What was your level?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 31 and my partner is 35. My AMH was 6.3 in April. I am thinking of doing the test again just so see if it has changed and by how much. I have always had a fear of not being able to have kids. I tried to get the test done around 3-4yrs ago but my doctor at he time said there was no reason to worry and didn't recommend the test. So my recent doctor thought to settle my mind I would get the test. It obviously did the opposite but I am so glad I did the test.

Our original plan was to wait til Europe to start trying but we are both getting quite clucky. We agreed not to talk about babies for awhile but it is on both of our minds every day. We have decided names and can't seem to avoid going into the baby section in stores.

I do have a habit of worrying too much and get scared of life choices. He has been so patient with me with getting very excited then freaking out and backing up then excited again. Its the biggest decision I could possibly make.