+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET July-August 2016 #2

@pingc383 I'm feeling quite flat and sad. Last night I had a bit of a cry to DH and said that I'm feeling overwhelmed with all that lies ahead. It's like the joy has been sucked out of life. All our hopes of completing our family are on hold. All the same feelings we all go through on this challenging IVF journey...it's just not fair. I'm just allowing myself to feel it all, as uncomfortable as it is, because I know I'll feel better sooner if I've felt it. Not nice tho

In response you your questions I have 8x5 day embryos frozen and 1x 4 day (that didn't look great and my FS was surprised they froze). On Tues next week they've scheduled the thaw and by next Wednesday we'll find out how many were suitable for biopsy. The results from the biopsy will take a further two or so weeks. Hopefully by our next phone consult (Oct 5) we'll have all the biopsy results and d&c testing results. At that point I should be on the pill, which I'll start once bloods confirm all of the pregnancy hormones are out of my system. Then from Oct 5 if there was a chromosomal abnormality I'll go off the pill, wait for AF and begin my next cycle. If there was no abnormality we'll look into lining issues, blood clotting issues, auto immune issues etc. And if no embryos come back normal I'll guess we'll do another stim cycle.
    We've already agreed to do the testing regardless of the results from d&c because he said it's likely half will be abnormal. Again I, for some reason, have lost faith in them and would be thrilled if ONLY half are abnormal!

I did not know that high levels of LH impacts egg quality. The round before it was way too low which prob had the same effect.

I do struggle with lining thickness but Mark Livingston was never fussed with that. This FS likes to have at least 7mm. I'm nervous about getting a thick lining for a possible frozen embryo transfer. I'll need to go on half doses of injections to try stimulate my lining. Can't use clomid as my lining won't stimulate enough. Might try acupuncture again this round.
    I don't ovulate either so they'll need to trigger me.
    So my body, hormonally is a little stuffed, who knows what these results will find. I have endometriosis Which has blocked my tubes and PCOS which causes long cycles with no ovulation, hence having to use the pill for some sort of timing control.

Fingers crossed there won't be too many more cycles before another BFP. 🏼
    Last edited by lotsathoughts; 16-09-2016 at 13:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts I had PGD testing on my embryos (I only had 4) and all of them came back normal which is very rare. I have had a miscarriage and chemical this year (chemical was with PGD embryo).

Since the chemical I had a biopsy to find out I have elevated NK cells which could have caused the losses. So please don't give up on your embryos I am sure you will be fine, just get all the tests done you can.

We started IVF due to male factor but now it turns out it is mostly me all easily fixed but you need to know what the problem is. Have you been tested for MTHFR gene? This is also linked with miscarriage.

I totally get that deflated feeling but please stick in there, fingers crossed that BFP isn't too far away xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to julianicholson For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (16-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @julianicholson and @pingc383 I do need to remain hopeful. That's the best thing about getting onto a plan, there's that sense of hope and not just the depressing wait.

I'll speak to my FS about NK cells if I have problems with tested embryos. I haven't spoken to him about that before so I can't say if he's against it or not. I'd like to think he would be. He seems to be a problem solver, and is happy to switch things up. Seeing professor Kelton Tremellon.

It's interesting what you find out along the way isn't it Julia? Glad you have a positive attitude about fixing whatever is getting in the way. I have been tested for the MTHRE gene and thankfully that's actually negative!

It's good to hear that there are other options and solutions. I might need to look into some research about these things before my next consult.

Thanks again for your support. It really does help xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (16-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    I agree with @julianicholson. There is a girl on the over 40s thread that got 29 eggs and of the ones that made it to day 5, 3 out of the 4 came back normal when PGD tested. A lot of women who transfer PGD tested embies find they don't take due to elevated NKC.. Trouble is, I don't think your FS believes in NKC? Or maybe I'm wrong. If you get normal ones transferred and they don't take, you seriously might want to consider a visit to Dr Gamal Matthias to look into elevated NKC or potential autoimmune issues. I had my appointment yesterday. He is excellent, and while I have very low autoimmune issues, I could have elevated NKC, although he thinks my problem is egg quality given my age.. So trying to work on improving the quality. I'm dying to get in to see Wazza as he'll b able to extract the good quality eggs!!!!
    Glad to hear you liked Dr M! What has he prescribed for egg quality?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still haven't received the blood work request!!!!!!

He said DHEA and melatonin and ubiquinol.. Dr Gee already prescribed melatonin and told me about dhea, but she wanted to see how many of mine made it to day 5 before she decided to throw dhea into the mix.

I think I want to see Dr Wazza first, to see what protocol he recommends for me.. He has a way to get eggs, good quality ones!!!!
    I have been reading about melatonin.. Dr R said I could take it with the DHEA if I wanted but I have read it's not good to take unless you are doing ivf as it can affect ovulation? When is ur appt with Dr Wazza? I think you are def on the right track now darl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I've read that too about melatonin. Dr Gee said I should only start melatonin at the beginning of a cycles, not earlier.

As for DHEA, some girls swear by it, but only if you've been taking it for at least 3 months.

Unfortunately my Wazza appointment isn't until April 2017.. I need an earlier appointment..... but he doesn't have cancellations...

Unfortunately, for me, I'm getting older, so I'm sure my eggs are all rubbish quality, but in hoping they can get a good one from me and soon, as I'm getting older each day I don't cycle..

I didn't realise how expensive Genea was.. Usually they charge you an upfront all inclusive fee, but Genea charges an upfront fee which doesn't seem to include EPU, transfer etc.. It doesn't look like their fee is all inclusive...

Enough about me, how are you going? Are you going to take dhea while you wait for Dr M?
    Yea I have started the DHEA, I'm only seeing Dr M just to check we have tested everything that can be tested but I'm 90% sure it is now my eggs.

You were with fertility first before yeah? Most other clinics will be more expensive but seriously I wish I found genea years ago as I wasted time and $$ with IVFA..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (17-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tell me how you go with DHEA. I want to take it, but I fear I will get facial hair and acne and I'm not ready for that yet...

Yeah, Fertility First is the worst ever..... I'll see if I can get in with Wazza (cos he seems to know the old lady protocol to harvest the most amount of eggs), but if I can't get in to see him, I'll definitely be going with Dr Gee at Genea..
    I know I'm terrified of that too and when someone suggested it three years ago I was like wtf no way.. if I get acne and facial hair I will stop taking it cause I can't deal with that.. I have been really tired but nothing else so far. Symptoms are mixed from what I have read.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I know I'm terrified of that too and when someone suggested it three years ago I was like wtf no way.. if I get acne and facial hair I will stop taking it cause I can't deal with that.. I have been really tired but nothing else so far. Symptoms are mixed from what I have read.
    @nattie84 and @pingc383 it took a while for the acne and hairs to show for me, I guess as it builds up? I was glad by the end to finish it, mostly because the spots made my whole face sore. But it was worth it and I would take it again if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 The first time was 6 weeks in total, 3 weeks before stims, but my FS wanted at least 6 weeks taken before stims started. I started it back up a month after I stopped it, and then was on it about 2 to 2 and a half months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you recommend it? I might have to put up with facial hair and acne for better quality eggs.. My FS raves about it.. Maybe I should start it now considering I'm not cycling for another 6 weeks. What dosage did you take?
    I think I would recommend it... not sure if it was the thing that did the trick for me, but I don't think it hurt. But my first cycle on it didn't have good results. Who knows? Most people seemed to agree that it can only help. I was on 50mg lozenges, split half in the morning and half at night.