+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    That's honestly a great result.. Looks like you have great egg quality.. I'd kill for that right about now, seriously.. Perhaps the protocol isn't the best one for you, but of the many eggs they retrieve, it's usually hard to even get 1 good PGD tested embryo.
    Congrats hun, please don't be sad. Will you do an FET this month to get it transferred? xx
    I think my doctor told me that 50% is the average rate for abnormal embryos for my age.. My last cycle only 1 tested normal.. I am suspecting I have an issue with my eggs even though both doctors said that is not nec the case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @nattie84
    Hope your holding up alright! Been thinking of you. Are you going to do another cycle?
    My period is due on the 24th so ill bee starting all the injections all over again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brib View Post
    Hey @nattie84
    Hope your holding up alright! Been thinking of you. Are you going to do another cycle?
    My period is due on the 24th so ill bee starting all the injections all over again!
    Hey, thanks for thinking of me. Not really sure at this stage. Going to see FS this afternoon actually, I want to ask him about DHEA for egg quality and maybe having a few months off and doing another cycle in Jan after holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That souds good @nattie84 dont give up hope! Fingers crossed for you x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brib For This Useful Post:

nattie84  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brib View Post
    That souds good @nattie84 dont give up hope! Fingers crossed for you x
    Thanks darl!

We have a new plan.. I finally got all of my results from my previous FS despite requesting them numerous times as they had missed my cycle reports which clearly say egg quality was very poor in both previous cycles.. Makes me quite angry that no one mentioned it before.

Onward and upward my current FS has given me a script for DHEA for three/four months for egg quality and then if I am not pregnant we might do one last IVF cycle in Jan... Just need to convince hubby to do another cycle..

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

brib  (14-09-2016),julianicholson  (15-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET July-August 2016 #2

@nattie84 - good to hear that you're armed with all your files and you're going to try to convince DH to have one more shot after taking dhea. Don't forget to try Ubiquinol if you aren't already taking it. How do you know egg quality is an issue? My stupid previous FS told me they can't test egg quality...... Do you know what your grade is at day 3? It might help me figure out if my egg quality is also an issue..
    I got a new book today called "it all starts with an egg" which actually says Ubiquinol isn't as good as coq10. I am taking coq10 which I increased for this cycle and it didn't make any difference.
    They can't test egg quality but they can tell you what the eggs look like when they retrieve them, my notes say that mine looked poor.. The grading of eggs at day 3/5 is after they fertilise which was probably confusing everyone as with our old clinic they were graded as A/AA and this cycle they were B/C with new clinic.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so a grade B or C at day 3 is poor quality? My day 3 is always B.. I used to think B was good now I see that only A is good.. Crap.

So are you saying if they are B at day 3 then they will become a C by day 5?
    I think you are getting confused..

I am talking about eggs and embryos...

Eggs looking very poor at retrieval and embryos graded at A/B/C at day 5..

Different clinics have different grading also..

Thanks
    Reviews
    The way I understand it is egg quality is hard to tell from looking, but sometimes they look "not right"under the microscope before fertilization. Mostly though they infer egg quality from how your embryos do after fertilization. Poor fert rates and poor development on Days 1-3 is often from poor eggs. Poor sperm causes issues later from Day 3-5, though bad eggs don't do well then either. Even perfect looking embryos can be chromosomally abnormal though. The only way to test that is PGS.

Grading is so different for each clinic, you need to find out what scale yours uses. For instance mine grades 1-5 on Days 1-3, where 1 is the best grade. Once they're blasts they grade 1-6 for how developed into a blast it is (6 is hatching), plus numbers for the inner and outer cell mass. So it sounds different to yours, I'd definitely ask which scale they use so you can look up the details.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (15-09-2016),nattie84  (14-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sucks that there is so much variation in grading etc. All I know is that my eggs look crap but they appear to create good embryos but then like 80% are abnormal so they think it has to do with my eggs..

Thanks
    Reviews
    See, this is what I don't understand. If they are crap eggs, they wouldn't go on to create good quality blasts, surely? Is it possible that perhaps there is a problem with the sperm? You'd think if they were cramp eggs, they wouldn't make it to blast.....
    Bad quality eggs can still make blasts. I know several people who had good looking blasts but they had abnormal chromosomes. Most of the chromosome problems are from the eggs unfortunately. My friend has been doing ivf for three years. Makes nice blasts that don't stick. Eventually tested them with PGS and they're all abnormal so she's going to donor eggs now. She was only 35 when she started ivf so it's not always age. Totally sucks.