+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    I get really cranky with FS who raise donor embryos before they've exhausted all treatment plans. Honestly, it's frustrating. If you have tried everything and it has failed, then fair enough, but the first course of action should not be donor embryos!!!!

My FS is hopeless with older women. She hasn't suggested donor embryos with me, but she does keep suggesting I might have a "bad batch" of eggs... She keeps compromising the dominant follicle, and I have no doubt the dominant follicle holds the best quality egg.

Don't waste your time with an FS whose first suggestion us donor embryos. I would be looking for another FS!!!

Also, unless your AMH is <0.1 (and even then I've heard of successful pregnancies being had), you shouldn't be worried. You'd AMH is fine. Mine was low, but still fine. You only need one good egg.

I have the same problem with my LH dropping to below 1, but I am supplemented with luveris when that happens. Where abouts are you located? You may have to call Dr Wazza and get yourself on his cancellation list! I hear he's the case, but he's located in Qld.

From all my readings, it's very much the protocol they use and if they get that wrong, a lot of the eggs are likely to be immature or bad...

Hopefully my new FS will offer me the endo scratch. My current one did not believe in any of those things!!!!

Hang in there babe.. I promise you they will get that good quality egg, but you may have to try another FS if the one you're seeing now just keeps using the same protocol each and every time like my FS!!
    Thanks @pingc383 😌 My FS is meant to be one of the better ones, she's the head of the clinic I go to. She added luveris to my second treatment and changed to ICSI to increase my fertilisation odds, and I did get double the eggs. But having the 5 immature ones will mean that if i have another cycle then I will ask how to make more mature eggs! It will probably be another needle because Id love to do 4 needles every morning, being a pin cushion has always been my dream!!!😆😂

Im in perth so wazza is out😯 There is a dr turner here with a rep for getting women pregnant quickly...however he only works with heterosexual couples and not singles!

Thanks for sharing that you're cranky about the FS mentioning donor embryo so early, it made me feel justified for how I felt at the time.
    I think i lost the dominant eggs the first time, like your FS did to you. They say the 1st cycle is about working out how its going to work for you.....but $12,000 is a very expensive trial run!!!!

What I don't understand is if they can see that we gets eggs why they don't do IUI? Surely if you have a dominant egg with some 'followers' that this is enough for showing that IUI could work....less intrusive and medicated! Do you know if they ever swap from Ivf to IUI?

I hope you get a scratch😉 Its funny really....before a cycle we can't wait for our periods, we get excited about scans and ops....and ask for a scratch!!! All things that are unpleasant in any other situation! Good thing we are made of tough stuff 😄

Good luck with your new FS, the change can only bring great things 🐣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Really?? In my first cycle, they tested my LH on day 7 and it was 1.5 (they like they to be more than 1.4), then, on day 9, my LH dropped to 0.5. Are you telling me that it was too late to start luveris? Because they put my on luveris straight away.

Then, second cycle my LH dropped to 1.2 on day 7, so they started me on luveris.

In both cycles all eggs they collected were mature and they all fertilised.

During FET, they gave me low dose Gonal f and my LH remained at 1.0 until trigger. No wonder i wasn't able to conceive naturally....

Yep, I always transfer 2.. So far 6 in total have been transferred and bfn
    @Emmy85 and @pingc383 I was not offered luveris in my first cycle at all, only had it added to the 2nd cycle! And my clinic has a rule that only one embryo is transferred at a time...they only put 2 in if you've had a lot of BFN'S. Its interesting and confusing all the different things each clinic does. Thanks for sharing 😄
    Welcome @Emmy85 to this post 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jeb8303 good luck waiting for your little embryos to develop overnight...the wait is not fun!

@nattie84 sorry hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katham what clinic are you at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unfortunately only 2 of the 7 eggs fertilised and the other 5 have not shown signs of fertilising at this stage..

Looks like DH sperm have left us down..

wont get another update until Thursday but I'm not hopeful at all and at this stage I am not sure what we will do moving forward if this doesn't work..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay positive @jeb8303. I only had 2 out of 11 eggs fertilise and I have 1 that made it to day 5 and is now a little frosty. It's only a grade 2 so hoping to do another cycle where they will do ICSI in the hope of getting more. Due to my age we want to do another cycle before doing a FET.
    2 is good, you only need one. Fingers crossed for you they both make it x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (30-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mish239 View Post
    Stay positive @jeb8303. I only had 2 out of 11 eggs fertilise and I have 1 that made it to day 5 and is now a little frosty. It's only a grade 2 so hoping to do another cycle where they will do ICSI in the hope of getting more. Due to my age we want to do another cycle before doing a FET.
    2 is good, you only need one. Fingers crossed for you they both make it x
    Thanks mish.....

Starting to to think that DH is more of an issue than everyone thought and they just blamed it on my eggs...

Looking that DH sperm has caused the ****ty issue I just don't know if any will
    make it to Day 5 as we normally lose between day 1 & 3 and between day 3 & 5 and yes even though they are donor eggs it's still his sperm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb8303 View Post
    Thanks mish.....

Starting to to think that DH is more of an issue than everyone thought and they just blamed it on my eggs...

Looking that DH sperm has caused the ****ty issue I just don't know if any will
    make it to Day 5 as we normally lose between day 1 & 3 and between day 3 & 5 and yes even though they are donor eggs it's still his sperm
    My DH had an issue with his sperm. It was at 23% fragmentation and they wouldn't let us do IFV until that improved. With diet he got it down to 13% frag which is a normal range but we still had issues (now appears my eggs reject the sperm). Has his sperm been tested?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (30-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mish239 View Post
    My DH had an issue with his sperm. It was at 23% fragmentation and they wouldn't let us do IFV until that improved. With diet he got it down to 13% frag which is a normal range but we still had issues (now appears my eggs reject the sperm). Has his sperm been tested?

Morphology, motility and oxidative damage

He plays sport and we eat relatively well (but starting to think not well enough)

I think if we have no embryos to freeze or we get the same result as previous Cycles I'll be asking our FS for more tests of DH sperm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb8303 View Post
    Morphology, motility and oxidative damage

He plays sport and we eat relatively well (but starting to think not well enough)

I think if we have no embryos to freeze or we get the same result as previous Cycles I'll be asking our FS for more tests of DH sperm
    My DH started taking menavit everyday and eating lots of food high in antioxidants and it really helped.
    He had a "green" juice everyday and has green tea. He doesn't love it but short term pain for long term gain is what we are hoping and we stopped bike riding even though we didn't do much the FS advised us to stop. I can't wait to get back on it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (30-08-2016)