+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET July-August 2016 #2

Quote Originally Posted by crossingfingers View Post
    Hi @nattie84 thanks for your quick reply and suggestion of testing the embryos.

I'm going through Genea in Canberra. FS said we can test the embryos but I've got 17 frozen grade 1s left and at $800 an embryo FS is not worried about that yet. I don't know about it all obviously but he's said the blastocysts split to the required numbers by day 5 so I can't comment much more on that. I can ask him later again but he thinks it's simply at the moment as I said the cells or the toss of the coin when I asked him about it yesterday. Will have to just wait and see how it pans out with the biopsy, will get the results and start again after I come back from my overseas holiday. After this long journey I need a break!
    Wow 17 eggs! That's a lot! Yeah I am bored at work cannot seem to focus ha.

I am also with Genea, however my reasoning is 17 embryos x a frozen cycle of approx $2,500 vs testing at $775 per embryo capped at 5 embryos potentially a huge savings of money and also the stress of doing 17 cycles which is over a year of IVF cycles with potentially bad eggs.

I only had 6 tested last time that all looked perfect as blastocysts I might add but all except for 1 was normal... Just to give you an idea.

It didn't work for us last cycle but I suspect my NK cells were high at that time and my endo was flaring up so pretty much a wasted cycle. This cycle we only had 1 embryo so no point testing.
    Last edited by nattie84; 18-08-2016 at 18:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep @nattie84 I had 19 frozen, have had two transfers which were unfortunately negative.

Yep I totally understand and I can ask him next week at the biopsy.

Yeah wow that's interesting and scary. Which Genea clinic are you at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crossingfingers View Post
    Yep @nattie84 I had 19 frozen, have had two transfers which were unfortunately negative.

Yep I totally understand and I can ask him next week at the biopsy.

Yeah wow that's interesting and scary. Which Genea clinic are you at?
    Sydney, it's too late to test now, they need to be tested before they are frozen. I had an unusually higher percentage of abnormals though it's usually like 50% depending on age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @bubbles21 - Sorry to hear you are still not feeling good hope things improve soon x
    @Flower78 - It does sound like things are a little out of whack for you this cycle hun. As @nattie84 said the scratch benefits can last up to 3 months, this might actually be what influences us if we should have a break after this cycle or not. Hope they work out what is going on with you soon x
    @crossingfingers - Sorry to hear about your negative result hun. I also have the high NK cells and am on prednisone clexane and have intralipids to help with them, if they do find an issue hopefully its just as easily sorted. Its so frustrating when the dctrs cant give you a clear idea of why its not working. I can understand you not wanting to pay to test all those embryos hun but maybe test some as @nattie84 did to see where you stand with some.
    @nattie84 - wow good on you hun treating your nk cells with herbs haven't heard of that before where yours very high? I think mine are just slightly elevated. As for testing frozen embryos it is possible hun but risky as the embies have to survive the thaw twice, we did it back in May with 3 embryos we had. However its obviously important that icsi was used to produce the embryos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info @nattie84 I was told by my FS it's not too late and that it can still be done. I'll ask on Friday and just see how it all goes. Or just call his mobile tomorrow if I can't wait until Friday lol.
    @Heyside mine are all frozen but I can speak to my doctor and ask if they can be tested. He told me after the first transfer they could do them even though frozen. So not sure?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @crossingfingers mine were tested frozen they just had to thaw them out take a biopsy and re thaw them as I say a little more risky. Did you use icsi?

Thanks
    Reviews

@crossingfingers that's interesting I hadn't heard that before re thawing them and testing.. I thought I read somewhere they also needed to be ICSI? Not sure why
    @Heyside mine were only slightly elevated

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh sorry @Heyside I didn't see that until just then as it was address to nattie.

Yes we did ICSI. And the two embryos so far I've transferred, have thawed to 100% so I guess if it gets to that stage we can look into it. I've got to trust my FS and his colleagues as they work together at times for advice.

Thanks so much for letting me know. I didn't want to call my doc and bother him, especially when he'd told me a month ago it was something we could do, however he always says call whenever. He's amazing.
    Last edited by crossingfingers; 18-08-2016 at 19:40.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crossingfingers For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (18-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats good you seem to have a 100% support in your fs @crossingfingers I feel that way since changing fs. Sorry I probably didnt address that properly to you but goid that it is a possibility for you if you need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nattie84 they have to be icsi'd so that it is one egg and one sperm being tested. If they use the normal ivf process lots of sperm are put in a dish with one egg therefore the biopsy may involve chromosomes from other soerm not used in the fertilisation process.