+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET July-August 2016 #2

Mines only been sore since my trigger... tmi but i cant even touch my nipples they are so so sensitive lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey All

Well my egg donor had her first blood test today and hopefully she'll start her injections tonight.. Exciting but I am bloody scared...

I'm also highly emotional today because her brother (my little cousin, well he's 31 this year) and his wife just announced they are pregnant on social media (they were married in November) and I am sitting on a precipice at the moment... She said to me they (her and her family) had known for a while and she knew I would find it tough... I just hate finding out on social media especially when everyone knows what we have been through.. Even a private message to tell us would have been nice...

Any my little brother and his wife who have been married since 2011 have been having difficulty falling pregnant as well so she's feeling pretty crappy too.. Seems one side of our family is highly fertile and the other is not......

Of course it's that age old I'm happy for them but I'm sad for us and my husband summed it up pretty well:

"Sometimes I look at people like them and wonder if they know what it's like to not have things go their way. Pregnant within a year of married, both skinny, good looking people etc.

I'm finding myself caring less and less with each person I find out about. I don't get angry or upset I just find myself not caring"

Sometimes we forget how hard this is on the men in our lives as well.. Especially when you see how good they are with babies and kids and know how great a Dad they will make

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear that @jeb8303 it can be so hard dealing with announcements like that and as you said knowing what you are going through it could have been done more tactfully. I went through a hell of a lot of it at the beginning of the year with 5 announcements over a fortnight just after I m/c our blighted ovum it was hell but no one has any idea what we are going through so I suppose I cant blame them. We are at the other end now though and all the babies are being born so thats difficult too. Why is it that some people do get everything in life and others really struggle it really isn't fair. I try to look at the positives in my life though to get through I know me and DH are very strong together and our marriage is good thats one thing I have been very lucky with.

I hope all goes well with your donors bt today hun and she can get started that will give you a good focus xx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (15-08-2016),jeb8303  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs to everyone. Reading your post @jeb8303 made me cry because what your hubbie said is what my hubbie and I have said many times. We have had friends upset because they are pregnant with their 2nd and not ready yet and friends who complain of lake of sleep due to breast feeding.
    We would kill to be tired due to being awake all night with a crying baby!
    One day it will happen for all of us

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (15-08-2016),hopefull29  (15-08-2016),jeb8303  (15-08-2016),julianicholson  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had another test this morning and oestrogen levels up to 16,000 now.. I feel amazing though, better than I previous cycles where I could have sworn I had mild OHSS.

I have to go in for transfer tomorrow and doctor will assess whether he will transfer. Fingers crossed they let me transfer.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (15-08-2016),julianicholson  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the start of your donor's cycle @jeb8303! I hope you can have a smooth run and lots of lovely embryos!

Fingerscrossed you get to transfer tomorrow @nattie84. It sounds promising that you feel well, hopefully that's the main thing and the clinic won't get caught up in blood test results.

For everyone finding hearing about easy pregnancies difficult, hugs to you all. I still feel a pang of jealousy when someone announces a pregnancy, even after having my DS. I'm not sure it will ever go away. I recall telling a friend about my m/c and she told me it took one cycle of trying for each of her girls. People just don't understand what it's like but come and vent here anytime. Xxxx

I've had a blood test to see if it was AF after my scratch. So strange, only lasted two days so I don't know if it was just bleeding from the scratch. I wonder if having a light AF before FET is a problem? Not getting a nice new lining? Hmmm hope they give me answers this arvo.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    How will he assess if you can have the transfer?
    I guess how I look lol, I feel great, I told the nurse I could go for a run lol she said please don't haha..

I think my body is just very sensitive of the medications.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jeb8303 sorry to hear. I fully understand how the announcements can hurt. Good luck for your donors BT today. Hoping that brings some good news and you start to feel better! xx
    @nattie84 all the best for tomorrow!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jeb8303 i feel your pain i get very down after announcements! I even cried when my partners brother told us they were expecting! @nattie84 goodluck!! I hope it all goes well and you get ya transfer! X

15. The Following User Says Thank You to brib For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blood test results are all good to go and she starts on 225 gonal-f tonight with another blood test on Friday

nerves have kicked in well and truly...

my cousin messaged on FB and said he realised after the Insta message that he didn't have my number.. He was very sweet and he knows the heartache and I remember how excited he and his wife were and how loving when we told everyone at Christmas that his sister offered to be our egg donor... How can I be anything but happy for him? But at the same time sad for me.

on a happy note our kids may be able to grow up together because my nephew and niece are 5 & 7 so there's going to be quite an age gap with any kids we have.....

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeb8303 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (15-08-2016),julianicholson  (15-08-2016),nattie84  (15-08-2016),pingc383  (15-08-2016)