Closed Thread
Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I am now waiting for a house call doctor to see my about my sunburn. I spoke to 13 Health and they told me I needed to see a doctor today, so here we are... waiting. I can't believe I was so stupid. Hindsight really is a b!tch!
    House call dr was really nothing special. Was totally disinterested. Just told me to do all the things I've been doing. When I asked him if it was safe to use a topical cream or something with a local anaesthetic in it, he just said to go to the chemist and ask them. Luckily it was a bulk billed service and I didn't have to pay for it! He even pointed out the fact that my skin was peeling. Didn't even listen when I said that I'd not long slathered my legs in aloe. I don't think they're peeling at all yet, I think it's the gel drying on my legs. Was more interested in the very mild sunburn on my face and DHs face than the moderate-severe sunburn on my legs that causes immense pain when I walk!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am off to have some kid free time... at the supermarket. Im so lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    over the mum mentality some women have.

posting pseudo-scientific crap on fb suggesting if your baby isn't sleeping through the night, it's because they're of super human intelligence.

no, your baby is just being a baby. or, if unlucky, they're just a crap sleeper.

it indirectly suggests those babies who do sleep well are destined to be licking windows on the special bus.

but you know, whatever helps you get through the day. f.wits
    That's the dumbest f@cking thing l've heard in a long time. But like you said, whatever makes some feel better. I've had 3 good sleepers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (16-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I am now waiting for a house call doctor to see my about my sunburn. I spoke to 13 Health and they told me I needed to see a doctor today, so here we are... waiting. I can't believe I was so stupid. Hindsight really is a b!tch!
    Ouch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am at my wits end with a baby who shrieks inconsolably for 4-5 hours every afternoon/evening. Nothing we do makes a difference at all. Seriously questioning why we ever wanted a second child. If the first was like this he would definitely have been an only child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    I am at my wits end with a baby who shrieks inconsolably for 4-5 hours every afternoon/evening. Nothing we do makes a difference at all. Seriously questioning why we ever wanted a second child. If the first was like this he would definitely have been an only child.
    Oh @Frankenmum you have all my sympathy. I used to cry every day by the time DH got home from work with my very unhappy DD those first few months - she's an only child I can't go through that again. I hope the horrors pass soon. Have a big cry in the shower, sneak in a glass of wine or that'll help and if you ever want to chat please pm me xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (16-10-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Big hugs @Frankenmum. I had one of those. It'll pass, it'll pass, it'll pass. Big love x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (16-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am pretty excited! Just ordered DS some dinosaur Jamberry things and he's going to be over the moon to have dinosaurs on his nails

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

Green Cheese  (17-10-2016),TheGooch  (16-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Oh @Frankenmum you have all my sympathy. I used to cry every day by the time DH got home from work with my very unhappy DD those first few months - she's an only child I can't go through that again. I hope the horrors pass soon. Have a big cry in the shower, sneak in a glass of wine or that'll help and if you ever want to chat please pm me xx
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Big hugs @Frankenmum. I had one of those. It'll pass, it'll pass, it'll pass. Big love x
    Thank you so much ladies, I really appreciate the words of support xx

I went outside in the fresh air and had a big cry while DH held the screamer. He's still going now...

This too shall pass.... until then I'll just cry along with him!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Huge hugs lady xxx
    Mine was like that. Started at 3pm and kept going until 7pm every night. NOTHING would make that bub happy.
    Like @harvs said it will pass. I promise

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (16-10-2016)