Closed Thread
Page 85 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Sorry to rehash things if the moment has gone.
    I'm not sure if I'd be considered a regular or a drifter. I read a lot of threads but a lot of the time I won't contribute if it's turning debate-y. I am personally not interested in debating with people as it makes me anxious so I tend to leave those threads alone as I want my time on BH to be fun not stressful. Sometimes I write responses then delete them. I can be a bit sensitive so something might upset me for some time (eg if I got 'attacked' for something I said or even just a particularly negative comment) so it's better for my wellbeing just to read rather than put myself out there and contribute sometimes
    This is me too! I stay away from the debate threads and if I do read them, I never contribute, for the same reasons as you :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    congratulations @HeavenBlue

I am super proud of my DS (well almost) & need to brag about him as I can't tell anyone we know since it's all a bit hush. Even though he already has a small $250 scholarship from his high school next year and usually would not be entitled to another, his primary school has awarded him a $500 RSL scholarship (so others aren't meant to know). I have been assured that it has not just been my financial position but that as far as the school is concerned he has more than earnt it - our financial position just meant that it was a consideration when it otherwise wouldn't have been.

The not so sure part about being proud - he initially told his teacher he didn't want it as he doesn't agree with war which in his mind the RSL represents, and then he didn't want it because he would have to miss kanga cricket day where he gets to teach younger kids how to play cricket to be presented with the scholarship. Fortunately the RSL has agreed to allow him to not be at the presentation so he can fulfill his leadership responsibilities at school.
    How wonderfully amazing for your son ! You must be so proud of him. Well done !

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Hi! 🏻

I would just like to say: I log in at least every second day- I just don't post much. I move threads, I start news ones, I might post one or two things and then get back to reading. There just haven't been any juicy threads that have piqued my interest. I was going to start one for ftr on Sunday, but I didn't want my kids reading over my shoulder and that is what they were doing.

So hi- I am here, I do read your posts (I started this new thread, as an example) but I just don't have much of value to say at the minute that isn't about my job, my house or whatever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    I'm over the over BH posts.
    We can all take responsibility to make it the place we want it to be.
    Don't like the arguments? Don't argue?
    Sick of the same hubbers PoV? Don't engage with them! Don't poke the bear.
    Want mods around? Speak to them directly. Start a "spotlight on a mod" thread or something that engages with them as humans so we don't just go to them with grievances and we acknowledge that each of them has a life outside BH like we all do
    I personally find BH ebbs and flows for me. Now I'm TTC I actually find a lot of threads/posts heartbreaking or jealousy inducing, even though I'm so happy for those who have had good news.
    It's MY responsibility to moderate myself and decide when it's time to take a break or read less or stay away from certain hubbers or threads.
    Yeah I noticed the lack of awards this year. I noticed the mods hardly ever around. But did I tap any of them on the shoulder at the time and say "hey y'all sup with the awards?" (Totally how I would have approached it) no! I gossiped to my mates in pm about it instead. Clearly a helpful solution.
    I can understand that for some BH offers something so much more than just an online forum. But for others, it serves a purpose at a point in time and that's ok too.
    For a free forum, moderated predominantly by volunteers, I'm honestly not sure what we expect.
    And for when it's hard to see the forest for the trees, there's always the option of taking a little break. It doesn't have to be a huge deal.
    Revisiting this comment as it now has so many thanks

For the record-

I'm not having a tantrum. I was genuinely frustrated this morning

I am definitely a poster who owns my contribution. Sometimes I try not to engage but there are times the baiting gets beyond the pale.

My point about having mods present was actually about them having a useful contribution to make

How many new threads have been started today? The discussion has been civil and has flushed people out in a good way.

If people want it to last they have to actively contribute to the forum or what's the point?

Before you all hang me out to dry for what began this morning think about where we got to at the end of the day. And remember i rarely do anything without reason.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (11-10-2016),binnielici  (11-10-2016),Full House  (11-10-2016),Happymum2  (11-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-10-2016),Moxy  (11-10-2016),wobbleyhorse  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I am saddened if @Sonja leaves. One of the best most level headed members on here. I don't think things have changed that much - maybe a little quieter but that's it. Hope everything's ok.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

amyd  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I am saddened if @Sonja leaves. One of the best most level headed members on here. I don't think things have changed that much - maybe a little quieter but that's it. Hope everything's ok.
    Who would you spar with if I go?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Can you let us know how it goes? I've been thinking about trying that one too! My poor feet live in thongs or sandals, so are always a mess :/
    @Frankenmum I just gave the scholl velvet smooth pedi a go. It doesn't look much different but I could feel it and took a fair whack of skin off. My callus on one of my toes is almost gone. It didn't hurt at all. Not bad after one quick go.
    Here's before an after shot (my feet have been worse, I'm making an effort to moisturise, the cracks were starting to bleed)
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1476174828.273231.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1476174842.668150.jpg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I assume the mods aren't paid in which case I don't think we can be too hard at all unless we (ourselves) are pulling our finger out and pulling out all the stops in terms of participating by commenting and creating new threads to change any direction to the desired direction etc. A thankless job for a pittance.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (13-10-2016),Mod-Myztik  (11-10-2016),Mod-pegasus  (12-10-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    @Frankenmum I just gave the scholl velvet smooth pedi a go. It doesn't look much different but I could feel it and took a fair whack of skin off. My callus on one of my toes is almost gone. It didn't hurt at all. Not bad after one quick go.
    Here's before an after shot (my feet have been worse, I'm making an effort to moisturise, the cracks were starting to bleed)
    Attachment 84997
    Attachment 84998
    Thought this was a picture of a baby belly at first - Faaaarrrk the stretch marks!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (11-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-10-2016),matalee  (11-10-2016)