Closed Thread
Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm quite peeved off. just received an email newsletter from ds' daycare updating everyone on the infection status. one case of conjunctivitis in his room. obviously they mean him. we've never sent him there with weepy eyes. he has a blocked tear duct and it went a bit gunky after he got snotty. nobody even approached me about it.

I'm going to phone up and complain, I feel like it's a passive aggressive smear on us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Attachment 84458

I am shocked, I have an actual disorder... People eating loudly or breathing heavily drive me nuts!
    Me too also the sound of the cat licking itself makes me want to punch something. Ick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I'm quite peeved off. just received an email newsletter from ds' daycare updating everyone on the infection status. one case of conjunctivitis in his room. obviously they mean him. we've never sent him there with weepy eyes. he has a blocked tear duct and it went a bit gunky after he got snotty. nobody even approached me about it.

I'm going to phone up and complain, I feel like it's a passive aggressive smear on us.
    Were they just saying 'there's been a confirmed case' or were they using it as an example of what not to do, ie 'we had one child with CI please don't send your kids etc'.

It's pretty standard practice for daycare centres to send out a notice when there has been an infection - ours does so for conjunctivitis, head lice, hand foot & mouth etc. It never mentions which child or even which room, just that there has been a confirmed case. I think they have to do that?

Regardless, they should've let you know the notice was going out, assuming of course they were referring to your DS.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post

Our Centre does this for pArticular illnesses / conditions, like the obvious ones like whooping cough and measles, and others which are really contagious like head lice and HF&M. They will often identify which room it is, I like this as I know if my daughter suddenly develops a rash I would consider that she's potentially been exposed to measles, for example. I don't think they're having a dig at you.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (21-09-2016),Carpe diem 2013  (27-09-2016),HearMeRoar  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    they referred to his room, not him personally.

he's had a blocked tear duct for a while, something I'd explained to the educators quite a few times. I even took him to the gp about it and said do we need chlorsig and she assured me no, it's a blocked duct and gave me a referral for a pediatric opthamologist.

I get the reasoning behind the email but I'm a bit flabbergasted some daycare worker has taken it upon themselves to diagnose a medical condition? sorry you're a gp on the side too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sorry I thought you meant that he had actually been diagnosed with conjunctivitis and you'd old the Centre. Any chance another child could actually have had conjunctivitis and it isn't a reference to your son?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (21-09-2016),turquoisecoast  (21-09-2016),VicPark  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Thanks everyone. Am sucking on hydralite icy poles and home dr has given us both maxalon injection and left sample pack of Zofran wafers.

We are all on the lounge watching god knows what -DS2's choice but he's happy.

Just keep reminding myself it will be better tomorrow!
    How are you guys going now?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (22-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    that's dh's theory too. I suppose it could be right. meh I'll just leave it be this time I guess. no use causing a storm in a teacup after every single incident..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Sounds silly but try best and less or big w.
    I bought a cute 3 piece set there last week. Pants, waistcoat shirt with bow tie. Went from new born to size 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Attachment 84458

I am shocked, I have an actual disorder... People eating loudly or breathing heavily drive me nuts!
    OMG this is me. The sound of people eating loudly, or even worse - seeing someone chewing gum can ignite pure rage in me and put all sorts of violent thoughts into my mind.