Closed Thread
Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am sitting in the school carpark while DS2 has his afternoon sleep in the car. DS1 is going to have to wait to be picked up from kindy, I am not disturbing the sleeping bear....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Cranky, depressed and panicking. Dh took his car to his dad's friend who is a mechanic as it was making a noise and is waiting on a part. Never mind this guy serviced it less than a month ago. It was meant to come today but didn't. I have been stuck at home with no car since last Wednesday. We are not near a park, shops or public transport that I can manage with 2 kids. Now we have been told the mechanic is going away on wednesday for THREE F..KING WEEKS, whilst his car is now pulled apart and undriveable. I am irrationally angry at dh for not taking it to the local mechanics like I suggested.

Adding to my anger, his dad has an available car, as they also own a van. But he won't loan either to dh, MIL said they survived without 2 cars, she never drove and stayed at home with 2 little kids- so no sympathy from her. Never mind she's an agoraphobic who couldn't leave the house for years.

Sorry for the long rant but I'm super super ****ed off and depressed right now.

The thought of another 3 weeks without a car honestly reduces me to tears.
    So not ok! I don't drive much (hwve public transport readily accessible though) but if I did then that would p!ss me off.

Does your DH really need his car?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (12-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#18

Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    So not ok! I don't drive much (hwve public transport readily accessible though) but if I did then that would p!ss me off.

Does your DH really need his car?
    If he didn't take the car it involves a 2.5 hour train trip each way and I would have to take the kids and drop him off at 540am and pick him up at 635pm. That's if the trains run on time.

I guess he could catch a taxi to the train station. But it'll prob cost as much as a rental. But we are flat broke as I'm on unpaid leave.

I have asked him to approach his dad again (without his mum around).

I'll work something out. I NEED to. Going absolutely bonkers here. And dd1 is too.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 12-09-2016 at 16:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am freaking exhausted. And watching Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs. Cause I have watched Big Hero 6 too many times the last few days...
    I recite the dialogue of both of these movies...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Little Miss Sunshine

I'm annoyed for you. For this to happen is so no ok and now for the mechanic to say he is going away for 3 frickin weeks I would go balistic. I'd be calling him in the morning to ask again what is going on

How far do you live from the train station ? Could DP ride a push bike there at all or even do a park and ride and you could walk there an collect it during the day in a worst case scenario.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (12-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#18

Thank you everyone. I feel a bit silly complaining about not having 2 cars it seems like such a first world problem but to us it seems like the end of the world!

I have the car today

Everyone (apart from dh lol) was up at 5 so I woke him to get ready for the train.

It's not an ideal situation, especially if I need to pick him up and have to keep the kids up past their bedtimes) but if it comes to it it's only a short term pita.

We don't own a bike and I think dh would top himself if he had to commute 2.5 hours each way AND a 45 minute bike ride to and from the station. He's overweight too and resents any exercise lol. The train station is about 3-4km away.

He will ring the mechanic today and if he can't get it done today dh will be blunt in telling him to either get it working so we can take it elsewhere (it was still running, the part is faulty and we shouldn't drive it but we probably could move it) or arrange for another mechanic to come and fix it.

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 13-09-2016 at 07:29.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Confused... Wtf was that tantrum about!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am wondering if it is a bad idea to go to the shops while I am so sleep deprived. I may end up buying half the store...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (14-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am happy.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (14-09-2016),binnielici  (14-09-2016),HearMeRoar  (14-09-2016),HeavenBlue  (14-09-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (14-09-2016),Olive Oil  (14-09-2016),smallpotatoes  (14-09-2016),sunnygirl79  (14-09-2016),Tiny Dancer  (14-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am regretting starting on the kids room (clean and rearrange). I swear by this evening I will feel accomplished but right now I just want to curl up on the beds.