Closed Thread
Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Feeling positive. Spring is here. The kidlets are no longer sick. Dh and I are talking and had some good reconnection time last night . Dd2 is mobile and mostly entertaining herself by pulling apart the house. I love this age. I actually got a 6 hour block of sleep last night.
    Many positives.

Now to work on looking after myself and getting into a good headspace.
    Yay for sleep! Have a great day

2. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am feeling so off colour today. Feel like vomiting and I snoozed my alarm for half an hour (I usually get up first go). Hopeful for baby, most likely tummy bug haha .
    I just want to curl in a ball and cry/sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    After watching my kids go through these stages, I've determined they just struggle with their emotions on 'big days,' especially when the day is for someone else. It doesn't mean they're selfish/stubborn/ungrateful...it means they're just struggling to process it all. It's easy for us to see a 4 year old and think 'you should know better, you're 4,' but kids are basically spending their lives gaining the tools required to be functional adults...4 is nothing compared to an adult! She'll get better...don't give her too hard a time, and don't dwell on it too much.
    Thank you. I need to hear that.

I'm in a tough spot at the moment DH always complains that all the parenting has to be done my way (he's right -my anxiety leads to control for me) so I'm trying so hard to let him set the rules and and set the direction for more parenting choices, but I'm having to bite my tongue enough as he thinks her behaviour is 100% defiance and being naughty, so he took it really hard so I was trying to be supportive.

I think his mum got through to him when he was being a grump yesterday and told him to smile as he had two amazing children, a beautiful wife, a nice house and it was Father's Day. He snapped out of it and they got on really well from then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    After watching my kids go through these stages, I've determined they just struggle with their emotions on 'big days,' especially when the day is for someone else. It doesn't mean they're selfish/stubborn/ungrateful...it means they're just struggling to process it all.
    I understand this feeling all too well. My 4yo has autism so we get this on a huge scale. Christmas is the worst. We can't talk about it to him in the lead up. We can't wrap his presents. We can't mention Santa coming to the house. And we have to nicely time giving him his presents, one every half hour or so (so definitely easier buying a handful of bigger stuff).

I love Christmas so it's very hard to not get too excited, especially with 3 other little ones as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sick of feeling sick! I was too sick to take DS to school today (he's not 100% either)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am struggling to mum today. Hate not knowing wtf is wrong or htf to fix it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Hugs. It does suck but we cNt always know how to fix things and sometimes we just can't. You try your best and that's all that matters.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (05-09-2016),sunnygirl79  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs. I hate not knowing what to do. Is it DS2? Grumpy/unsettled? Could be teeth or sickness - have you tried paracetemol?

Otherwise I sit, hold them and cry with them. Is your DH still away?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Hugs. I hate not knowing what to do. Is it DS2? Grumpy/unsettled? Could be teeth or sickness - have you tried paracetemol?

Otherwise I sit, hold them and cry with them. Is your DH still away?
    DH was home for a few days but gone again until mid-week. All good, I think I am just uber-tired from some sh1tty nights and I don't cope well with the constant whinging. Yes it's charming little DS2 . I tried paracetamol last night but didn't seem to make much difference. I think maybe it's developmental leap etc. But it's just a guess really. I got him down eventually and he has been asleep an hour and counting, just hoping he wakes happy and not still cranky.

Also feeling like his nights have regressed hugely of late and not sure why, it feels like we just get over one regression and a week later we enter another one! I get a bit panicky that things won't get better but I know that's silly talk and I just need to hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH was home for a few days but gone again until mid-week. All good, I think I am just uber-tired from some sh1tty nights and I don't cope well with the constant whinging. Yes it's charming little DS2 . I tried paracetamol last night but didn't seem to make much difference. I think maybe it's developmental leap etc. But it's just a guess really. I got him down eventually and he has been asleep an hour and counting, just hoping he wakes happy and not still cranky.

Also feeling like his nights have regressed hugely of late and not sure why, it feels like we just get over one regression and a week later we enter another one! I get a bit panicky that things won't get better but I know that's silly talk and I just need to hang in there.
    I have the wonder weeks app. DD just came out of one of her leaps. And her countdown is '17 days until the next leap'.

So I get *maybe* 2 weeks of not whingy baby (if we manage to not get sicker).

It is never ending! They are in leaps more than they are out of leaps!

I think your DS is 2 or 3 weeks older than my DD? If so he is in a leap.

Did you manage to clear your duct?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (05-09-2016)