Closed Thread
Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
    Is she old enough to understand? My 2 year old made her daycare presents for Pa but was confused why she couldn't have them once she gave them to him. Kept saying they were hers etc.
    She's 4.5, she was excited all morning to say happy Father's Day to him, so when she saw him, she just sooked and said she didn't want to talk to anyone.

She warmed up when we were at the in laws and DH got over it. By the time we got home she gave him his presents and finally said it.

She goes through these stubborn moments and no amount of consequences, redirecting or giving hugs makes a difference, she just does not get it. She just calls us bossy and cries that we are mean and don't love her. This happens whenever she doesn't get her way. Sigh. Thanks for the replies ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    She's 4.5, she was excited all morning to say happy Father's Day to him, so when she saw him, she just sooked and said she didn't want to talk to anyone.

She warmed up when we were at the in laws and DH got over it. By the time we got home she gave him his presents and finally said it.

She goes through these stubborn moments and no amount of consequences, redirecting or giving hugs makes a difference, she just does not get it. She just calls us bossy and cries that we are mean and don't love her. This happens whenever she doesn't get her way. Sigh. Thanks for the replies ladies.
    I don't think my ds1 said happy Father's Day to dad. He gave him the bag of presents, did a runner (there was crafting to do!) and then 20 minutes later tried to scratch the 'stickers' off daddies cardboard (scratchies). We followed his lead - he is also going through an independent stubborn phase.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @twinklify I'm not a big fan of nights at the moment either. Hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#18

Double post
    Last edited by binnielici; 05-09-2016 at 02:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes nights can go eff themselves. Whatever leap/phase/thing is going on with my 6 month old DS2 can bugger off right out now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post

After watching my kids go through these stages, I've determined they just struggle with their emotions on 'big days,' especially when the day is for someone else. It doesn't mean they're selfish/stubborn/ungrateful...it means they're just struggling to process it all. It's easy for us to see a 4 year old and think 'you should know better, you're 4,' but kids are basically spending their lives gaining the tools required to be functional adults...4 is nothing compared to an adult! She'll get better...don't give her too hard a time, and don't dwell on it too much.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (05-09-2016),binnielici  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    This is my life
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    @twinklify I'm not a big fan of nights at the moment either. Hugs xx
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Yes nights can go eff themselves. Whatever leap/phase/thing is going on with my 6 month old DS2 can bugger off right out now.
    Is it premonition or did I just poke the universe's hornets nest.

DS is out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. It will be a long day. The 'plans' are (according to him) not going to happen.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (05-09-2016),sunnygirl79  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#18

Feeling positive. Spring is here. The kidlets are no longer sick. Dh and I are talking and had some good reconnection time last night . Dd2 is mobile and mostly entertaining herself by pulling apart the house. I love this age. I actually got a 6 hour block of sleep last night.
    Many positives.

Now to work on looking after myself and getting into a good headspace.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (05-09-2016),binnielici  (05-09-2016),gingermillie  (05-09-2016),HeavenBlue  (05-09-2016),sunnygirl79  (05-09-2016),TheGooch  (05-09-2016),Tiny Dancer  (05-09-2016),twinklify  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Is it premonition or did I just poke the universe's hornets nest.

DS is out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. It will be a long day. The 'plans' are (according to him) not going to happen.
    Unpoke it now!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Feeling positive. Spring is here. The kidlets are no longer sick. Dh and I are talking and had some good reconnection time last night . Dd2 is mobile and mostly entertaining herself by pulling apart the house. I love this age. I actually got a 6 hour block of sleep last night.
    Many positives.

Now to work on looking after myself and getting into a good headspace.
    Good for you

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (05-09-2016)