Hi all... interesting conversation about the baby showers. I am thankful that apart from work people, none of my friends have had baby showers lately, I spent my twenties going to those! As for me, if I get pregnant I am having one with decorations and games and cakes and everything I've just been waiting so long for my turn... Also, my mum has been planning shower games for years.
I am finally triggering tonight, and EPU on Tuesday. I am happy to be proceeding and have fingers crossed I will get a decent amount of good eggs, and a fresh transfer.
Good luck to everyone where ever they are up to
@Twiglets yes I too always check my due date whilst cycling and then I get all caught up and start organising my life as if I was pregnant ie whether it will be over a celebration like Xmas or someone major bday and whether I can drink or not. What the weather will be like and organising my life with a newborn in my mind geez talk about headfruck we go through!!
@Heyside I also have a 6yo DD who will never be close to a sibling, this feels so sad when I think about it or watch other siblings playing together, she also longs for a sibling and asks often why her friends have brothers or sisters and she doesn't breaks my heart.
enjoy your med free day tomorrow @skeeter & good luck for EPU
@Arianasmum pregnyl's basically HCG so it tricks your body into kickstarting the progesterone & other natural pg hormone production. this is good, but it means you can get 'false-positive' results if you poas too early as the HCG in the pregnyl will show up on the test.
I had a baby shower but under protest. A friend of mine organised it for me. She said I had been to so many showers for other people that it was only fair they came to mine. I did get her to keep it to a minimum number of people though... and no games. I hate games at the best of times so there was no way I was having it for a baby shower.
To the ladies feeling like they have lost sight of the goal: I was there too. I can say from the other side there was no miracle turn around when I got my bfp. I think I mentioned once how I loved the scans. Actually seeing a live baby was the only time it felt real to me. Even now TTC has left its scars. I had a tough morning with bub being unsettled and the thought came to me that what i really wanted was to win the battle between infertility and me, not having a baby. Just rubbish but that's what IVF has done to my thinking. That thought was followed by horrible feelings of guilt. Guilt that I wasn't worthy enough and that somehow waiting so long should have made me supermum. The woman who was so meant to be a mother that nothing was a problem. I am keeping my sense of humour though and laughing at the stupidity of my own thinking.
Keep the faith ladies. You haven't lost site of the goal. Infertility is being a biatch and trying to fruck with your mind. Tell it to rack off. You know what you want and you're going to get it.
The Over 40's Warrior Woman Roll Call
- @Caesardust - DE Cycle - Cape Town
- @Lastchance75 - DE FETx3 Hawaii
- @Charlie74 - OE FET
- @Grace1 - OE Cycle -EPU 16/08
- @pingc383 - OE FET - 18/08
- @LillyM - OE Cycle -
- @skeeter - OE Cycle - EPU 16/08
- @ange1111- OE Cycle
- @Heyside - Day 5 transfer x 2 08/08
- @Arianasmum - Day 3 transfer 08/08
- @Maxwellsmum - Day 5 transfer 13/08
- @pkgjmg - Day 5 transfer x 2 12/08
- @midnite01 - BFFP!!!!
- @winsor - First counselling appointment 25/08
- @Blossom74 -Final counselling session 18/08
- @Summer-Deciding on DE options with DH
- @MissDa - EDA
- @40NotOut - OE Stim Cycle (July)
- @JulieMalooley - B/G Twins Delivered C-Section 24/05
- @faithandhopellove - Baby Girl + Angel Baby "Little Bubba" 31/05
- @Corbes -Baby Girl 08/07
- @Bongley-Baby Boy - 14/07
- @Lolly99 - B/G Twins Delivered C-Sections 21/07
- @Felicity Fox - EDD 19th October
- @AnnaMM - EDD 19th December
- @MamaKes- EDD- 23 December
- @Gagingi - EDD- 25 December
- @Molros - EDD - 28 December
- @Gen72- EDD 6 Jan 2017
- @Precious40- EDD 13 Jan 2017
- @tegs26 - EDD 31 Jan 2017
- @Green lady - EDD 11 Mar 2017
- @Blossom74 - DE Cycle - Aus
- @Rhino - DE Cycle - Greece
- @tuxcat - DE Cycle- Aus - 06/09
- @gorgeousgeorge - DE Cycle - Greece
- @Tahli - DE TET Cape Town??
- @Twiglets - OE Cycle
- @amie999 - DE Cycle
- @Summer - DE Cycle
- @Bradders - DE Cycle - Greece
- @winsor - DE Cycle - Aus
- @emski72 - DE Cycle - Cape Town
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!