Heyside, i read your post earlier today but didnt have time to reply properly. Its not an odd way to think at all imo. I think thats how we all go towards the end of the tww. I find those last couple of days excruciatingly mindfrucking. One day towards the end of the tww i just sat on my bed staring at the wall for about 3 hours. Suddenly i snapped out of it and said to myself "what are you doing? Why have you been sitting here for 3 hours doing nothing?" I realised i was just waiting, being aware of my lower abdomen, waiting to feel a period pain/endometriosis cramp so i would know it was all over. Its so hard because you pretend that you arent hopeful but you know that if you didnt genuinly believe it might work, you wouldnt have gone through the whole bloody ivf cycle in the first place, so you know you do truly believe, even just a little bit, that it might just work. I think about you and your pcos a lot actually. At first, when i met you on here, i was thinking it must be good to get so many eggs because you get more of a chance of finding a good one. But now, i think that makes it harder for you in that you kinda get more embys and frosties and consequently have had more transfers and therefore so much more tww torture. Sometimes i feel grateful that i never got many eggs or resulting embys because there was less to transfer and so, that was that. I only had to endure about one 2ww per cycle. Which is also a weird way to think. I think you said you have done 11 transfers? So like, 11x 2ww which must be really really really hard. I think whatever you are thinking and feeling is totally understandable given the circumstances. I think we're all doing well just for getting up in the morning and continuing to exist to be honest. xox
The Over 40's Warrior Woman Roll Call
- @Caesardust - DE Cycle - Cape Town - 19/08
- @Charlie74 - OE FET - 23/08
- @LillyM - OE Cycle - EPU 19/08
- @ange1111- OE Cycle - EPU 16/08
- @Heyside - Day 5 transfer x 2 08/08
- @Arianasmum - Day 3 transfer 08/08
- @pkgjmg - Day 5 transfer x 2 12/08
- @Maxwellsmum - Day 5 transfer 13/08
- @pingc383 - Day 3 transfer x 2 18/08
- @skeeter - Day 3 transfer x 2 19/08
- @Grace1 - Day 3 transfer 19/08
- @Green lady - BFFP!!!
- @midnite01 - BFFP!!!!
- @Summer - Surprise BFFP!!!
- @winsor - First counselling appointment 25/08
- @Blossom74 -Final group counselling session 18/08
- @Summer-Deciding on DE options with DH
- @MissDa - EDA
- @40NotOut - OE Stim Cycle (July)
- @JulieMalooley - B/G Twins Delivered C-Section 24/05
- @faithandhopellove - Baby Girl + Angel Baby "Little Bubba" 31/05
- @Corbes -Baby Girl 08/07
- @Bongley-Baby Boy - 14/07
- @Lolly99 - B/G Twins Delivered C-Sections 21/07
- @Felicity Fox - EDD 19th October
- @AnnaMM - EDD 19th December
- @MamaKes- EDD- 23 December
- @Gagingi - EDD- 25 December
- @Molros - EDD - 28 December
- @Gen72- EDD 6 Jan 2017
- @Precious40- EDD 13 Jan 2017
- @tegs26 - EDD 31 Jan 2017
- @Green lady - EDD 11 Mar 2017
- @Blossom74 - DE Cycle - Aus
- @Rhino - DE Cycle - Greece
- @tuxcat - DE Cycle- Aus - 06/09
- @gorgeousgeorge - DE Cycle - Greece
- @Twiglets - OE Cycle
- @amie999 - DE Cycle
- @Summer - DE Cycle
- @Bradders - DE Cycle - Greece
- @winsor - DE Cycle - Aus
- @Lastchance75 - DE FETx3 Hawaii 11/10
- @Billie2 - OE FET
- @emski72 - DE Cycle - Cape Town
Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-08-2016 at 07:13.
Just for s h i t s and giggles, these are my imaginings about how you lovely ladies appear in my head (i seem to base my images on usernames ive just realised)
So @tuxcat wears pants suits like catherine hepburn used to wear and bowties (even though i figure your name is based on your cats markings) @midnight01 wears a cape and has a zorro mask, like captain midnight @BlondeinBrisvegas as ive said before is like 1980's goldie hawn, even though she says she's donatella versace without the designer clothes, baahaa @Caesardust rocks a toga and sandals, roman style @skeeter has crazy sticky uppey red hair like the Muppet 'scooter'
If i havent mentioned anyone its coz i havent gotten a psychic feel for you in my head yet.
P.s. i so hope i havent offended anyone with my crazy imaginings. Lol, to be honest i hope none of you look like how i imagine you. Im sure you dont actually.
ange1111 day 3's... we decided they have a better chance of defrosting better.
@gorgeousgeorge hahaha! I love it
Conversations with old people today (aka my parents):
Me: Can I have a heatbag for my toes? I'm freezing...
Mum: Can you do that?
Me: It's my toes not my womb... how did you ever have children if you don't know how things work?
Dad: If you get pregnant and everything goes well will you throw out the frozen ones?
Last edited by skeeter; 19-08-2016 at 22:02.
lots happening in here
@skeeter excellent news on your 3 frosties
@LillyM awesome number of eggs collected - woohoo!!! Do you usually do a day 3 or 5 transfer? Hope you're resting up..
@pingc383 sorry you only found out today about those issues., I hope you're ok.hugs...
@Caesardust good luck to you x
@Heyside hugs to you.. not long now till your bt, fingers crossed for you
@ange1111 will you do another stim cycle with the next cycle or do you have to wait a while?
@Blossom74 glad your counseling session went well, those sorts of things are so nerve wracking,
@Summer so sorry to hear your news
hi to everyone else,
Afm my one and only emby is on board so I'm very, very thankful I got to transfer.
thank you all for your support and encouragement,,.. you are all AWESOME. !!!
Last edited by Grace1; 19-08-2016 at 22:39.
ange1111xxx (20-08-2016),Billie2 (20-08-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas (20-08-2016),Blossom74 (20-08-2016),Caesardust (19-08-2016),faithandhopellove (20-08-2016),gorgeousgeorge (19-08-2016),Heyside (19-08-2016),LillyM (20-08-2016),pingc383 (19-08-2016),Rhino (20-08-2016),Summer (19-08-2016),tuxcat (19-08-2016),winsor (21-08-2016)
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!