+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was so excited for ds1s 5th birthday. It was at an indoor inflatable worlď place.
    We invited 15.
    9 came plus 2 siblings. It was pure chaos 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nooo. I've been to a party like that before and there was seriously like 50 plus people there. It was complete chaos. Kids running everywhere and some parents just sitting back and watching. The mum didn't want to leave any of the kids out. I personally felt it was to much and a little greedy aswell as the amount of present this child received was nuts. This does it every year and a lot of kids don't go now as mum invites every kid in grade 3.

At 3 yrs of age I would only invite a couple of their little friends over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are really worried about upsetting people, can you take little "lolly/party bags" for the teacher/carer to distribute at the end of the day in celebration of your child's birthday?

That way you can feel better about inviting just a few friends to an actual party.

I've seen this done at my daughter's daycare. I wouldn't bother personally at age 3, because I don't think they have much idea about it all. At 4 years old I would. Maybe!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I just got list of friends then asked the teacher off the record if there's any child that doesn't play with anyone and may benefit from invite

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default 3rd bday party invite class or few

I would invite the whole class.
    Thats because my then 3 year old was 'that' kid who didn't receive an invite to a party the whole year at daycare he was 3. When there were lots of parties and parents were handing out invites left right and centre. My boy was quiet and had other issues so he wasn't the most 'out there' kid. Didn't mean he didn't want to be friends with the other kids in the class. Broke my heart to see my little man being left off invite after invite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So after reading this I'm a little concerned. Are birthday parties a big thing at 3 yo? DS1 is about to turn 3 and we aren't planning on doing anything other than immediate family at home. He hasn't been invited to any parties this year, and I figured it was because everyone else at daycare was like us and didn't really do parties for 3 year olds. But now I'm a little concerned about whether it's going on and I didn't realise because he's not included!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't know if they are a big thing but for us we had a big party as 3 is that cool age where they are old enough to understand/get excited for parties and things plus he has quite a few friends/cousins the same age so he had lots of people to invite

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3rd bday party invite class or few

Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    So after reading this I'm a little concerned. Are birthday parties a big thing at 3 yo? DS1 is about to turn 3 and we aren't planning on doing anything other than immediate family at home. He hasn't been invited to any parties this year, and I figured it was because everyone else at daycare was like us and didn't really do parties for 3 year olds. But now I'm a little concerned about whether it's going on and I didn't realise because he's not included!
    Don't stress my daughter is really good friends with 3 others ( who are very mature 3 year olds) have been friends since birth with one of them and they've had parties so as she's the last to turn 3 she now wants one. They've had other friends at their parties so I wasn't sure the etiquette

Edit : and as Elijahs Mum said its a really fun age as she seems to really understand what it means for the first time

Edit edit: and as its in a park and catering will be morning tea items lots of fruit etc it can be done very cheaply so a few extra won't matter where the others where at venues where it was a cost per head
    Last edited by maternidade; 17-08-2016 at 22:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    Don't stress! My oldest never received a single invite to a party at daycare. The invites came once school started.
    I have never, and will never do a whole class party. They're just madness, and the kids go just cause there's a party...not because they're friends. My kids have been invited to whole class parties and I've never even heard of the child before...we go, because my child wants to play with their friends, not because they want to celebrate the birthday child's birthday. For me, birthday parties are about celebrating with friends, so that's what we do. I have one child who is friends with everyone so gets more invites than my other kids. They don't care...they just roll their eyes and ask why their sibling has to be friends with everrryyyybooodddyyy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only had one daycare party invite ever...it just wasn't the done thing. I felt odd inviting virtual strangers to my home lol. We had a bigish 3yo party but it was family and personal friends. Even now at kindy (pre-school ) most people don't have full - class parties...