3rd bday party invite class or few | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 3rd bday party invite class or few

Dd1 is 3 soon, just doing a party in a park, should I invite the whole class

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hard one. I'm an invite everyone type of person because I'm scared of a child being sad they are left out. But at 3 you could probably just do select people without too much drama. My DD is nearly 3 and I can't picture her understanding or being upset another child had a party and she didn't go. My DD is turning 5 soon and I'm inviting her whole kinder class, but my other DD turns 3 I won't invite any of her class

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD had her first birthday party at 3. We invited just her special friends (plus family and family friends). She found even that overwhelming to be honest. She has also been invited to several daycare friends' parties. All of them have only invited a couple of close friends.

I wouldn't invite the whole class at 3. As Wise Enough said, the kids don't know or care at that age. And they usually celebrate at kinder/daycare anyway.
    Last edited by hollypolly; 14-08-2016 at 09:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We just invited a few that he regularly plays most with. There have been several parties that he wasn't invited to this year and I wasn't phased, and DS didn't even know! Next year though I think they might all be a bit more switched on to the whole party/invited/left out thing, so I'll probably invite the whole class then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I could never invite the whole class, with all the kids, parents and siblings there would end up being over 50 people to cater for - way too much for a 3 yr old party IMO.

We told DS1 (5) this year he could invite 5 friends from kindy. Gave the invites to his teacher to hand to the children's parents/put in their bags so as to not make a big deal out of it. Judging from the other kindy parties we've attended, others have done similar.

No one wants to leave out other kids, but realistically unless you're prepared and equipt to have very large parties every year, it's perfectly acceptable to have your child 'choose' a limited number of friends. And if they can't articulate this, maybe chat to their teacher about who they most commonly play with (a friend of mine did this).

I think other parents would be understanding - no one expects you to invite the entire class.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DS2 is turning 3 soon and we will only invite a select few friends, not the whole class, as that would be 20+ kids and it's a combined party with his older brother who is also in childcare, so if we invite the entire childcare (ds1's class too) we're looking at 40+ kids plus their siblings, parents and that isn't even counting our friends and family. So yeah, we will keep it to only those children that the boys are actually friends with, which is about 5-10 in total from the childcare. We're having it in a park.

ETA, boys have only been invited to 2 parties this year, so I'm sure there's been quite a lot that they weren't invited to and they didn't even notice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

When he was at pre school he only went 2 days a week so for his 4th and 5th birthday ( he wasn't at pre school at 3) he wanted to invite the boys he played with the most ( about 8) plus we had other friends so there were still 20 kids but this year is his first year of big school so he wants to invite the whole class (18 boys) as they all seem to play together and all get on really well, I'll probably do that for a few more years but when he's older he can invite who he wants, he wasn't invited to one party at pre school and one party this year at school ( she only invited 4 boys out of the 19) and he didn't seem to care about it ( I think if he was the only one excluded he might but considering most boys didn't get an invite no one seemed to care!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If just invite friends... My buys are 8 & 5 and only ever invite their actual mates... DS2 has just been invited to a 'whole class' party and said he doesn't want to go because he never even plays with the girl. I'm happy for him to make that choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never been one to invite a whole class. What a nightmare! When my girls were in kindy and even school, they took a cake to school and blew candles out and all classmates got a piece of cake. My eldest DD had her first party at ten. For me I'd rather take them somewhere of their choice and celebrate as a family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's ok either way. If you love playing host then invite the whole class otherwise a select few is fine. Kids are ok at that age and parents understand too. I had my sons while footy team and some mates for his 9th birthday sleepover party. He loved it, I was exhausted but at that age he had a choice so I did what he wanted. Next year he just wants a few kids