+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pram question

Hey mama's
    At what age did your little one stop using a pram? My son is 3 in October and I'm due with number 2 in November. I'm um ming and ahhing about whether to upgrade to a double pram or not. I don't have a car so we walk everywhere which is why I'm thinking it might be handy in that sense but by the time ds1 is 3 is that too old for him to be riding in a pram for much longer????

Eta - If I do upgrade I'll be getting the Phil and teds voyager so I can remove the 2nd seat if I want to. I just don't want to waste money buying a completely new pram if it's not really going to be needed (I currently have the mini GT which i love! But the skateboard attachment is crap I found)
    Last edited by mamatotwo; 13-08-2016 at 19:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little one is 2.5 and we rarely use the pram these days. We haven't really for the last 6 months or more. I mainly use it if I need the storage space lol.
    I wouldn't worry about a double pram. Maybe just get the skateboard attachment so your toddler can ride on the pram if they don't want to walk. That's what I'm planning.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fauvette For This Useful Post:

mamatotwo  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS stopped using the pram at about 2.5 and I gave it to my SIL , shes just had her 2nd and she just puts the toddler seat on it for her 3 year old when they go for long walks with the newborn , otherwise the 3 year old is happy to walk holding onto the pram or on her balance bike if they are walking to the park or beach

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does your DS still happily go in the pram now? And do you walk longer distances? My girls would ride their bikes everywhere after 3 but if I walked to school and back (5km) they would still jump in the pram even at 4. If you didn't want to get the double, you could babywear bub until DS1 was ready to scoot or ride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD stopped using the pram when she was 2.5

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

sproutx3  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is about 3.5 and still uses it sometimes. Mainly at the shops when its me, DS and DD as I can usually get him to have a nap.

I baby wear DD a lot. She is just over 4 months now and only just starting to be ok being in the pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was just under 3 when I had my DS. She hadn't been going in the pram much, walking at shops etc. I bought an ergo for when my DS was born, but I actually wish I had of put that money towards a double pram. As soon as my DS was born she started wanting to go in the pram all the time, insisting it was her pram. My DS was born in summer so it was really hot to wear him in the ergo...if you also don't have a car & walk a lot I think it would probably be handy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd get a double pram. I regret not getting one for a 2yr10mth age gap between #2 & #3. Especially as i like to walk a lot for exercise for mental health.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 year 9 month age gap here. I bought a double pram as dd1 still enjoyed it but by the time dd2 was a few months dd1 wanted to walk and it was so much easier with a single pram, double pram was cumbersome and a huge deterrent.. I used it a handful of times it was a waste of money on reflection. Dd1 hit 3 and LOVED walking everywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would get a double pram

I have three kids, my youngest is now 2, middle 4 and I still use both seats