Sunnybank Private Hospital vs new Gold Coast Private Hospital | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sunnybank Private Hospital vs new Gold Coast Private Hospital

Hi All,

I am pregnant with my first bub, due in March 2017. I have been seeing a OBGYN for fertility treatment for a few years but unfortunately he doesn't do deliveries anymore so I am on a short timeline to find a new OBGYN. I've been seeing my current one at Sunnybank Private and had surgeries there. Has anyone use Dr Stephen Elgey?

As we are in Ormeau we are also considering the new Gold Coast Private Hospital. Has anyone delivered there yet or been through Dr Catherin Mills or Dr Tania Widmer?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and congratulations on falling pregnant!
    I had my baby recently at Sunnybank Private and found the maternity ward great! The midwives were lovely and hubby and I got a big room with a kind size mattress so it was very comfortable. The food was very nice too.
    My OBGYN was Dr Joseph Jabbour. His rooms are close by to the hospital and brand new. He spends a lot of time with you and scans every visit (we loved that). Joseph has the ability to ensure your comfort and explains everything really well so you are confident with all aspects of your care. He is personable, professional and also friendly. He works in a clinic called Sunnybank Centre for Women. I highly recommend him! Good luck with everything :-)
    Last edited by Alexxie; 20-08-2016 at 06:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. No experience with the GC hospital but I had a great experience at Sunnybank 2.5 years ago and I plan on going there again in April for baby #2. I had Dr Peng Ng and was very happy. I've also had 2 mc's in recent months so have had Dr Ng assist with that and perform a D&C. His office is on level 1 in the hospital which meant daily visits from him while I stayed. I also had Dr Seto as the paediatrician and continued taking my son to see him for regular checks in his first year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Widmer at GC is great I had our last baby at GCUH and can't fault them. Loved it.