+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Why are you asking him to pay at all??? You're the primary carer, you pay childcare fees.

My DD was in FT daycare until her cancer diagnosis, and FOB had her 2/14 nights. Never occurred to me to ask him to pay, I always saw that as my responsibility. I got the rebate after all.
    It's just for days that their DD is in the care of the father and the father is at work.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (14-08-2016),Spincycle  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Why are you asking him to pay at all??? You're the primary carer, you pay childcare fees.

My DD was in FT daycare until her cancer diagnosis, and FOB had her 2/14 nights. Never occurred to me to ask him to pay, I always saw that as my responsibility. I got the rebate after all.
    Why should she not expect him to pay for the days the child is supposed to be in his care?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (14-08-2016),Spincycle  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update. I've decided that I will just pay the fees so I don't lose my spot and I'll let Fob feel he has had a win. It has really been upsetting me mainly because of the meanness but also because it's unfair. However, the upset has to go as it affects my sleep!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Spincycle For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If Fob does indeed not send your daughter and you have the issue of too many absences, it would be worth talking to Centrelink about the situation.

I am a shift worker and when I used Childcare I had to book the full week, even when only using a couple of days. So I went well and truly over the allowed absences. I did not lose any rebates though if I provided a letter from my employer stating my employment type.

I know it's different circumstances, but perhaps they may exempt any disadvantage for you in regard to rebate, with a stat dec or supporting letters explaining your situation.

Good luck, it's always hard co-parenting when the other parent wants to be difficult!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddysmama For This Useful Post:

Spincycle  (17-08-2016),Wise Enough  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I certainly wouldn't be covering his costs. Speak to your director and they will enrol her fir your days under your name. You pay only for those days. So you shouldn't lose your spot. It's up to him to arrange and pay for care during his time. Don't forget your child support will probably drop due to shared care so you don't want to take on bills that aren't yours.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Dust For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
    I certainly wouldn't be covering his costs. Speak to your director and they will enrol her fir your days under your name. You pay only for those days. So you shouldn't lose your spot. It's up to him to arrange and pay for care during his time. Don't forget your child support will probably drop due to shared care so you don't want to take on bills that aren't yours.
    Childcare is so scarce around here that they won't allow me to enrol her every second week. I have to agree in writing that this spot is confirmed and will be paid for. Daycare is understanding but not That understanding that they will lose money because he won't pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sucks. Could you enrol her just for one day in the second week but make it one of your days? You'd still be paying the fee but at least you wouldn't be paying for one of his days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
    Just an update. I've decided that I will just pay the fees so I don't lose my spot and I'll let Fob feel he has had a win. It has really been upsetting me mainly because of the meanness but also because it's unfair. However, the upset has to go as it affects my sleep!
    Hopefully now you can sleep knowing your DD will be well looked after at her daycare and her routine less disrupted. I hope that the extra $ to cover his days isn't too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is it going? Did he pay?