+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulupetal View Post
    If the rebates are paid to the centre it will be a set daily rate that he pays which would be the same as your fees. Just ask that he pays the out of pocket fees to the centre, they will be the same as your fees. There's not a way as far as I know to have two parents assessed for the CCR/CCB for the same child.

Is he actually obliged to pay for child care while she is in her care? I thought CS was intended to cover all of that, and he was to pay for expenses incurred while she's in his care, but I was of the impression those expenses were essential expenses such as food, clothing etc?
    The fees are for when she is in his care not when I have her. I've always covered them myself. It's like I wouldn't provide food when dd is with him- only when dd is with me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spincycle For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Childcare rebates and shared care

He is responsible for paying for care in his days. You would need to let your centre know so they bill you only for time. You need to speak your director and Centrelink.
    I've only skimmed this but it seems has the info you need
    https://docs.education.gov.au/system...fact_sheet.pdf
    Last edited by Pixie Dust; 13-08-2016 at 16:21.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Dust For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulupetal View Post
    If the rebates are paid to the centre it will be a set daily rate that he pays which would be the same as your fees. Just ask that he pays the out of pocket fees to the centre, they will be the same as your fees. There's not a way as far as I know to have two parents assessed for the CCR/CCB for the same child.

Is he actually obliged to pay for child care while she is in her care? I thought CS was intended to cover all of that, and he was to pay for expenses incurred while she's in his care, but I was of the impression those expenses were essential expenses such as food, clothing etc?
    The OP wouldn't be being paid child support for the time the child is in the care of her father. His CS rate is reduced for the amount of time she is in his care, because it is assumed that when she is with her father - he will look after her (food, clothes & essentials).

OP - fwiw I think your exdp is being a douche, but I see no other way around it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (13-08-2016),PomPoms  (13-08-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the comments, just the first initial one.
    I am a director at a child care centre and have a family who do shared care and don't want to be paying for the other persons care etc, so we have them both set up on our system and just set them up according to their days... So he would need to contact Centrelink ad get his own CCB % and opt for his CCR to either be paid to the centre or himself and then pay his own bill.
    The child care centre on their system just need t work out the days he will be paying for and you will be paying for and enter it into their system.
    That way everything is separate, he pays for what he has to to the centre and you pay for what you need to.
    I'm not sure if that helps at all and hope you get it all sorted.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tassiewife For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (13-08-2016),JustJaq  (13-08-2016),KitiK  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I actually think you should be perhaps speaking with your solicitor or having some mediation regarding the situation.

Your DD deserves continuation of care and you should not be having to pay for days he wont take her just to hold the spot on your fortnight.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-08-2016),smallpotatoes  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He will get the 50% of his out of pocket expenses back in CCR (up to $7500 which is for both of you combined). So he does get a discounted rate too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    The OP wouldn't be being paid child support for the time the child is in the care of her father. His CS rate is reduced for the amount of time she is in his care, because it is assumed that when she is with her father - he will look after her (food, clothes & essentials).

OP - fwiw I think your exdp is being a douche, but I see no other way around it.
    Makes sense! I have only ever had 100% care of my DD so I've never had to worry about it but it's good to get a better understanding though! I also had no idea two people could get CCR for one child!

I hope you sort it out with him OP, I also think it's incredibly unfair of him to threaten to cancel his days - does he know he still has to pay for those?! Who is he saying would look after her? I hope you work it out amicably!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lulupetal For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=lulupetal;8545405]

Is he actually obliged to pay for child care while she is in her care? I thought CS was intended to cover all of that, and he was to pay for expenses incurred while she's in his care, but I was of the impression those expenses were essential expenses such as food, clothing etc

Edit: didn't see further posts! Sorry!
    Last edited by Barnaby; 13-08-2016 at 21:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Why are you asking him to pay at all??? You're the primary carer, you pay childcare fees.

My DD was in FT daycare until her cancer diagnosis, and FOB had her 2/14 nights. Never occurred to me to ask him to pay, I always saw that as my responsibility. I got the rebate after all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Why are you asking him to pay at all??? You're the primary carer, you pay childcare fees.

My DD was in FT daycare until her cancer diagnosis, and FOB had her 2/14 nights. Never occurred to me to ask him to pay, I always saw that as my responsibility. I got the rebate after all.
    The OP situation is different though as FOB seems to have the child 5/14 and during the week when both have to work so someone has to look after the child. Not sure why she should have to forgo CS AND pay CC the days he has their dd...? Particularly if he can also get a rebate.