+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vitex

A couple of years ago my doctor recommended Premular (Vitex) for PMS symptoms.

Last month I had shockingly tender breasts and noticed my luteal phase was a couple of days shorter than usual (10-11 days) and my cycle only 26 days so I started premular the second day of my period.

This month I ovulated on CD12, have tender breasts and now at CD21 I think my period is about to come has the vitex caused this? Somehow I think 20 days of it isn't long enough to really mess me up because its recommended you use it for 3 months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It definitely can mess up your cycle. Some people are more sensitive to it so it certainly could be the vitex.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

PrettyFabulous  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Vitex definitely messed up my cycle! I ended up with a 10 day luteal phase, 20-21 day cycle, and incurable thrush (sorry TMI)! It was awful

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

PrettyFabulous  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started using vitex in January and have had irregular cycles since! I was every 28 days on the dot... now im over 42 days and never ovulate!! I came off the stuff this month its awful. Don't do it!