+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My son doesn't like my bf and I'm pregnant

There's been a few doubts why I should continue on with this pregnancy, I've had a hard time bringing up my son of 10. And whilst I'm trying to decided if I should go ahead, my son tells me he doesn't like my bf and doesn't want him living with us. He says my bf is boring and doesn't talk that much.

I have felt the same and felt it was too soon to have a kid with someone I'm unsure about, every time I consider having this baby I just think we'll how can I now, my son cried that he doesn't want bf living with us but I refuse to be a single parent again simply because he doesn't like him.

Is this a sign that I just shouldn't have this child. I don't want to upset my son. I'm unsure how I feel on the whole thing anyway and I feel like my bf is abit boring. My son is used to my ex who is completely different and we had a lot of fun together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I can't give any practical advice on your son and his relationship with your boyfriend.
    Nor can I give you advice on whether you want to continue with your pregnancy, but to be honest termination because your boyfriend is "boring" does not really seem like a valid reason? Nor for the reason that it might make your 10 year old upset, he really should be able to cope with such an event at his age. He can learn to adjust. If you terminate it should be for you, not others.
    It comes across in is this post and previous ones like you are very much still hung up on your ex. You compare your "boring" bf with your "fun" ex. I think you need to resolve these issues regardless of the pregnancy and whether you continue.

Good luck xxx
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 12-08-2016 at 07:03.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Kristyj  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    you need to decide what you want and soon! It is not fair on your partner to think you are happy about this and are having a baby together and then down the track choose to abort. From your previous posts you have said you chose to conceive this child. You are planning a future with this man and letting a pregnancy progress you are what 8 or 9 weeks now? When in reality you are not sure you want this baby aside from wanting a cute little baby to cuddle because your partner is boring and not as fun as your alcoholic abusive ex. You are an adult, you know what parenting is like. You need to make a decision of what YOU want sooner rather than later and start planning towards that. Regardless of this pregnancy you need to give some serious though to whether you want to continue your relationship or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Did you not know your child disliked your bf before you decided to conceive this baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok I'm confused. I'm not doing this post to attack or be nasty. But did you plan this pregnancy? If you find your partner boring & doubting your relationship why did you try for a baby?

You shouldn't stay with someone simply because you don't want to be a single mum again. It's not fair on anyone ESP your partner.

This child didn't ask to be conceived.

Should you maybe go to counselling and talk to someone about all the reasons to what's happening as I feel there has to be other things going on for you to be considering termination after trying for a baby & if there isn't any other under lying factors I really don't understand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Did you not know your child disliked your bf before you decided to conceive this baby?
    No.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    Ok I'm confused. I'm not doing this post to attack or be nasty. But did you plan this pregnancy? If you find your partner boring & doubting your relationship why did you try for a baby?

You shouldn't stay with someone simply because you don't want to be a single mum again. It's not fair on anyone ESP your partner.

This child didn't ask to be conceived.

Should you maybe go to counselling and talk to someone about all the reasons to what's happening as I feel there has to be other things going on for you to be considering termination after trying for a baby & if there isn't any other under lying factors I really don't understand
    I went to counselling it hasn't helped that much. I tried for a baby bcoz time is running out for me and my partner seems like a nice person who would be a good father. a few weeks ago I decided it was too soon to be planning this with him, as we haven't been together long, but it was too late, I found out I was already pregnAnt. I agree I need to make a decision soon, but this is a hard decision as apart of me wanted this. I'm terrified of being alone with another child because I fear I won't cope. I have had a range of anxiety problems and depression and so doing it on my own is the biggest problem for me. if I didn't have these issues I'd probably be better equipped to handle having another child whatever the outcome may be. I found out later than I would've liked. I will need to make a decision soon. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmalovesleo View Post
    No.
    How long had you been dating?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also bf knows how I feel so I haven't led him on. He was upset at first but said he will support me whatever I choose. We knew each other for a year more like friends of friends. We got together for 6weeks but barely spent time together because I needed to take it slow, he left for Ireland we did 9months mostly texting but committed. I've been back in uk for four months we've seen Each other for all up probably a month. As u can see it's not regular or stable, if we lived closer we would've seen each other more and it would've been a lot better.

Thanks
    Reviews

So you were together a sum total really of not even 6 weeks straight, you know you have anxiety and depression and don't want to be a single mother, but he's a 'nice guy' and 'your time is running out' your son doesn't like him and you decided to have a baby....I am a little confused at what point you thought this was a good idea.

Whatever your decision, you are the one who will be living with it. The longer you wait, the harder it'll be to choose

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Katvee For This Useful Post:

bubbles21  (14-08-2016),delirium  (12-08-2016),gingermillie  (12-08-2016),HillDweller  (12-08-2016),Kristyj  (14-08-2016),MaybeBabyIVF  (12-08-2016),MonkeyMumma  (12-08-2016),VicPark  (12-08-2016)