+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lactation Consultants Adelaide (East and Hills)

Hi Ladies

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences with Lactation Consultants that consult in Adelaide - East and Hills region.

I am expecting in November and wanted to make early contact to be prepared. I have two names but just wanted to hear if anyone has any suggestions/experiences.

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used Wendy Norris through flinders private hospital she also consults privately at belair medical center and not sure if she does home visits. I found her very knowledgeable and she helped me with my prem DD (I ended up breastfeeding with nipple shields for 13 months - still going)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lactation Consultants Adelaide (East and Hills)

Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I used Wendy Norris through flinders private hospital she also consults privately at belair medical center and not sure if she does home visits. I found her very knowledgeable and she helped me with my prem DD (I ended up breastfeeding with nipple shields for 13 months - still going)
    I heard nipple shields are good. Do you help with attachment? I've heard they do. My son was a terrible feeder and I just want to get onto it earlier and have tips up my sleeve etc. and well done 13 months - amazing mama!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    I heard nipple shields are good. Do you help with attachment? I've heard they do. My son was a terrible feeder and I just want to get onto it earlier and have tips up my sleeve etc. and well done 13 months - amazing mama!
    Yes that's why I started using them. My DD was in special care with a nasogastric tube in for 2 weeks after she was born and she had a tiny mouth and struggled to latch. After about a week in hospital I was ready to give away BF as she had hurt my nipples so bad it was excruciating and she just couldn't get on properly. They suggested a shield and bang it fixed all our problems. Have some on hand just in case. I found medela medium the best. Get yourself a box of rite aid hydrogel breast discs too. They were a lifesaver and healed my nipples so well!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (11-08-2016)