A bit of a fluff thread but I think I'll find the answers valuable to my parenting. So, how often do you?
1. Let your kids use the iPad / iPhone / tablet / smart phone? We've not long ago enforced some rules because our 8 year old was sneaking onto YouTube every second he could to watch mine craft stuff (we've only got one iPad which is technically mine) so the rule is now they can take a turn on Saturday & Sunday (there's three of them to take a turn but usually only 8&6 yr olds do) once all their jobs are done. The 'job' list is a mile long but their jobs are stuff like 'played outside for 30 mins, helped mum or dad with a job, read a book for 30 mins' that sort of stuff. It's working really well and he is appreciating his time more and not so obsessed.
2. Take your kids to the playground?
yes. Love the sunny weather so we can walk up to the park. Usually go every weekend and check out new ones around town and I walk up with the little two (9 months & 3yrs) at least twice a week.
3. Have take away as a family?
4. Go to cafes / restaurants as a family?
about once a month.
5. Go out by yourself with friends?
havent since baby was born 9 months ago, easily be over a year ago.
6. Does your Other Half go out by themselves / friends?
He is away a lot for work so doesn't go out very often, perhaps once a month??
7. Go on holidays by yourself / with friends?
8. Go on holiday with your other half And leave the kids?
9. Sit and read a book / surf the web / do a hobby at home while your kids entertain themselves
as much as I can. I'm not really one to play with my kids (that sounds awful!!), I'd rather they played together/independently. My kids all play together for the most part beautifully and I can sit and read and sort of supervise.
10. Cook dinner vs your other half?
Me 99% just because I'm really super fussy about hygiene and I swear he was raised by wolves LOL
And 11. How old are your kids? 8, 6, 3 years and 9 months.